• Announcements

Welcome! New around here? Take a look at the New Members' Guide for some pointers.

Not a member yet? Sign up here and you can soon be chatting away with friends old and new..

Check out our Handy Information section if you're after something quickly!

• If you would like to support the forum, please consider visiting the forum shop, where you can purchase such items as NBN Burgees, Window Stickers, or even a custom Limited Edition Wooden Throttle Control Knob

Forum Shop

johnsherz

This Year's Holiday Vid - Sherz & Linz

Watched last night on the TV and what a pleasure it was. Superbly produced and edited and the first Broads film I've seen were the drone shots complimented rather than dominated the result. What really makes your films special though is the interaction between yourselves, your just a natural double act. Do we have to wait till 2018 for the next one?

Fred

• Like 8

Alas yes - affording one week a year is tight, let alone two hehe! When I was a kid in the 80s, my parents chose the Broads because it was a relatively cheap week's holiday, sadly that no longer seems to be the case... :)

• Like 1

Just now, johnsherz said:

Alas yes - affording one week a year is tight, let alone two hehe! When I was a kid in the 80s, my parents chose the Broads because it was a relatively cheap week's holiday, sadly that no longer seems to be the case... :)

we only manage the second one as we hijack our friends to come along for the experience, that way we can keep the costs down.:default_winko:

• Like 1

Hi John, 

We went on a narrow boat in 1974 it was £295.00 which included the fuel deposit for a 56 foot 10 berth boat with 6 of us on board. In 1974 this was very costly, I think you would have found a price on the Broads at a similar level.

These days the hire costs on the Broads is the cheapest of any other UK waterways.

Regards

Alan 

Yes, I did look into canal boating a couple of years ago - living as we do in Stoke on Trent there's plenty of waterways nearby, but after looking at prices we soon realised that the Broads was still the best bet by far! 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Bob48 said:

we only manage the second one as we hijack our friends to come along for the experience, that way we can keep the costs down.:default_winko:

A cunning plan! Still trying to talk my folks into coming along one year...

• Like 1

Finally got round to watching your video, brilliant, well done.

Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

Lovely vid!  As someone else has already said, what makes it really special is your 'double act'.  Your affection for each other really shines out.

Helen

• Like 1

On 7/20/2017 at 9:19 PM, YnysMon said:

Lovely vid!  As someone else has already said, what makes it really special is your 'double act'.  Your affection for each other really shines out.

Helen

Aye, we don't make a bad team I guess. Planning on asking her a fairly important question in the next month or two actually... ;)

• Like 4

Aww, that's smashing, I reckon she'll say yes, you get each other, makes for a perfect match....... could this be our first Forum wedding?? :default_winko:

Grace

• Like 3

We shall see eh! Hoping to get to Salhouse for a camping weekend in september, that's where we first became "official". 

• Like 2

Good luck John. In the nicest possible way I hope Linz doesn't suddenly decide to join the forum now. Salhouse would be a brilliant location to ask the all important question. 

• Like 1

Aww...how romantic!  Hope the weather behaves itself in September.

Helen

Well for those of you still following this old thread...

We made it down to Salhouse on Monday with our tent, on the anniversary of our getting together. While sitting on a bench at the edge of the Broad, reminiscing about times gone by, I popped the question.

She said yes. :)

• Like 17

Fantastic news! Congratulations to you both! Looking forward to hearing your plans as time goes by. :default_eusa_dance:

Great news John & Lindz

hope you have many happy years together 

John