A Winters Tale

40 minutes ago, NorfolkNog said:

Another aspect of JF's blog has been to highlight just how magical the rivers are in winter. Its just so peaceful and the rivers are all yours. I do hope it might inspire others to venture out too. Not too many mind!

That’s very true, however it won’t inspire me I’m afraid. My bones and joints just don’t appreciate the cold and damp these days and I have to accept that :default_sad:. I will just have to be satisfied with the 15-20 weeks we get in between March and November :default_biggrin: and enjoy the tales of Captain Pugwash and the Nogs during the winter months. 

• Like 1

Ahh thanks Mrs V. You enjoy my tales do you? :default_biggrin:

Having googled Captain Pugwash, (I'm far too young to know about those stories seeing as they are from 1950, but I'm glad you remember them fondly :default_smiley-angelic002:) I resisted the innuendo to the above line which would have no doubt fit into one of the stories of that Captain you seem to love so much.

But then, if you love Captain Pugwash so much and you're calling me Captain Pugwash........ahhhhh, thanks Mrs V, I'm touched :default_biggrin:

:default_party0010:

Oh dear Jay, I must be honest and say that I never really watched Captain Pugwash. When he was on tv I was deep into my career, I grew up with Muffin the Mule, Andy Pandy and Rag,Tag and Bobtail amongst others. Having googled him myself, I realise you are probably nothing like him whatsoever! I must go back to the drawing board and think this over. I’ll be back as they say. :default_coat:

9 hours ago, YnysMon said:

It’s so lovely to have a winters tale. I do so miss all the holiday tales in the depths of winter. Thanks Jay!

Thank you Helen. More nonsense to come soon :default_smile:

3 hours ago, Gracie said:

They are the best aren't they Helen?

I'm glad you are enjoying them gorgeous, seeing as I would have stopped a long time ago if not for you. 

So everyone has you to blame for my ramblings :default_smiley-angelic002:

3 hours ago, Gracie said:

Don't worry there's more to come, if he can tear himself away from his new telly and watching the Simpsons :default_biggrin: Sorry babe :default_norty:

So after my 48 hours grafting each week, marathon training and spending every second available with you, I'm now not even allowed half an hour a day relaxing and watching someone yellow who is almost as daft as I am???

:default_smiley-angelic002:

8 minutes ago, NorfolkNog said:

When are you back JF? 

Just under 2 weeks, only a short break though.

Don't worry, I'm not around whilst you're away again............yet

I'm talking about cruising the rivers obviously.

I'd do it 24/7 but apparently I should have a sleep ready for cruising again the next day.

Seriously some people's minds :default_biggrin:

12 minutes ago, MauriceMynah said:

I'm not sure which alarms me more, You wearing shifts or your station commander telling you to take it off!

Friday night, night shifts I'd have been delighted to have a shift dress to wear and cover myself up during naked twister :default_norty: