Forum Usage This Week - A Thank You From The Tech Team

grendel

In the last week Robins trip with Independence has been a great draw for the forum.

30 new members have joined :default_welcome:, and it has got a lot of people contributing, long may it continue.

we peaked at 161 users online on feb 5th at 4.46pm (just after Indy arrived at Gt Yarmouth)

Our rolling 2 day average viewers peaked at 74.2 yesterday. (thats the average worked out across 48 Hours)

and we had 30,242 page views on Monday, and 36,963 Tuesday.

This is excellent when you consider our normal level of page views is around the 20,000  a day mark.

So may I say thank you to everyone who contributed to an excellent week for the forum (though I suspect its Robin, Griff and Independence we should be thanking) and long may we continue to have such good support.

Thank you All

• Like 14
  • Thanks 10

4 minutes ago, vanessan said:

Should we ask the Indy team to go back and do it all again? :default_coat:

Maybe we can persuade him to do a Timothy Spall and carry on round the coast next year. I believe Timothy went clockwise? so Robin could carry on going anti clockwise. Might need a television production to help cover the fuel costs though :default_laugh:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Tim Spall did it in chunks over a year or so. I do like his ramblings about "Princess Matilda", especially when he makes no effort to cover up the fact that he doesn't know everything and is still learning, making mistakes.  His other half, Shane, does put him in his place well also.

• Like 3

I think the trip was actually completed over three years. It was shown on TV as three series shown 2010 to 2012. The first leg of the journey was London to Cornwall which wasn't recorded. The next three legs were Cornwall to Penarth, Penarth to Scotland, and then Scotland and back up the Thames are getting lost and guided by the Sheerness lifeboat near the river Medway estuary.

At least the first leg of Robin's journey has been captured by some forum members and the crew themselves. Would make a cracking TV series. :default_beerchug:

• Like 1

It was a great 4 days, everyone that loves boating couldn't feel any less intrigued in the voyage of Robin and the Indy crew, with everyone showing their support.

this is a great forum, it deserves all the like minded people coming together as it did last weekend, keep posting peeps we've got something a bit special here, let's build on it

cheers all

Pete

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

Looks like we have our own celebrity boaters on the Broads, who needs Tim Spall, Tim West and the beloved Pru?  Perhaps the media might be interested in the story. London man buys big boat, gathers a group of friends together and sails big boat to Norfolk Broads in February. I am sure a TV company might be interested in the dramas and excitement that took place before, during and after the passage. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, finny said:

You would have to get Robin a flat cap and a ferret tho ........

finny

There's room onboard for all the trappings of an 'honourable Northerner'. Pigeon loft on the fly-bridge, whippet  run along the side deck and ferret hutch in the master bedroom.  Eee by gum, ma son, no wot I mean!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, socrates said:

Looks like we have our own celebrity boaters on the Broads, who needs Tim Spall, Tim West and the beloved Pru?  Perhaps the media might be interested in the story. London man buys big boat, gathers a group of friends together and sails big boat to Norfolk Broads in February. I am sure a TV company might be interested in the dramas and excitement that took place before, during and after the passage. 

Nice idea but then tv would want you to have a few bumps along the way,lots of wine,Nick a few things and wear a captain's hat.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

Nice idea but then tv would want you to have a few bumps along the way,lots of wine,Nick a few things and wear a captain's hat.

That's me in :default_norty:

13 hours ago, Bedslad said:

It was a great 4 days, everyone that loves boating couldn't feel any less intrigued in the voyage of Robin and the Indy crew, with everyone showing their support.

this is a great forum, it deserves all the like minded people coming together as it did last weekend, keep posting peeps we've got something a bit special here, let's build on it

cheers all

Pete

Spot on Pete, We do have something good going on. I've had the great fortune to get to know some nice people on here of which I would perhaps never got to know otherwise, one in particular that holds a special  place in my heart (soppy)

Truly a fantastic place to be a member of. It may be because of some voyage or other involving a little ship called Indy that saw us have an influx of members but once in they'll be hooked like the rest of us

Well done forum, as Tina Turner would say, Simply the Best :default_trophy:

Grace :default_icon_kiss:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

Well done guys, top forum we have here, although are you sure people aren't signing up for my high quality jokes in the joke thread??? :default_rofl:

1 hour ago, Gracie said:

I've had the great fortune to get to know some nice people on here of which I would perhaps never got to know otherwise, one in particular that holds a special  place in my heart (soppy)

He/she is a very lucky guy/girl whoever it is Grace :default_smile:

3 hours ago, Jayfire said:

Well done guys, top forum we have here, although are you sure people aren't signing up for my high quality jokes in the joke thread??? :default_rofl:

He/she is a very lucky guy/girl whoever it is Grace :default_smile:

Quite sure :default_norty: And thank you, that's a lovely thing to say :default_icon_kiss:

Grace

• Like 1
  • Haha 1