Friday Girl

Hockham Admiral

2 hours ago, SwanR said:

That must be bittersweet but I’m hoping that you feel that she has gone to good people. 

That will take some doing after John and Mary-Jane, pretty much impossible to beat

I agree though it must be very bittersweet, she is a gorgeous boat and so lovingly taken care of, I hope the new owners do the same

Grace :default_icon_kiss:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Karen and I had the privilage of staying on Friday girl several times, and on one occaision, i had the privilage of helming her from Beccles Yacht Station to Geldeston Lock and back. She was a real pleasure to handle, even with 15 people aboard. 

I hope her new owners look after her as well as you and Mary Jane did John, and if we see her on the rivers or moored up, we`ll be sure to give them a wave, or say hello.

Do you knw whether they are members of this forum John, or where she will be moored?.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you all very much, peeps, your kind words mean a lot.

My second knee replacement operation comes on (2 months now) and we are wondering where next we'll go for more relaxation when I'm fully mobile again.

The new owners are not forum  members to my knowledge,  Neil, but I've sent them an NBN business card!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Hello - one of the new owners here! She's beeen bought as a family boat, and one part of the family are not part of the forum. However, I was an active member for quite a few years, going back to about 2007 I think - soon after NBN began. My wife and I sold our last boat,  a Broom 35 European called Blue Macaw, in 2010. Life got busy, and boating took a back seat. I rejoined the forum a few weeks ago and have been lurking while the purchase of Friday Girl proceeded. 

John, my wife and I had the pleasure of meeting you and your wife some years ago - it was an NBN meet at Waveney River Centre, I think probably 2010? We came in another family boat, a mahogany top Broom 30 (since sold), and (unless my memory is playing tricks) you were there on Friday Girl. You told us how great Alphas are, and we had already wanted to own one since before then. Little did we know ... I'm sorry to see the circumstances that led to the sale, and I wish you all the best  

You can be assured that Friday Girl is already much loved by her new owners. We are all absolutely delighted with her. She will be cherished and looked after very well indeed. As a family (the generation prior to me) we've been boating on the Broads since the 1950s. We're based on the northern Broads. We live in Norfolk, just 20 minutes away, and will not resist the pull of frequent skivings-off to the boat. Everyone, give us a wave if you see us, but if it's the non-forum part of the family they won't understand the forum thing! 

We'll be out and about tomorrow, whatever the weather. 

Best wishes,

Bruce

• Like 19
  • Thanks 3

Hello Bruce

A very warm welcome aboard our forum :default_icon_wave:

What a delightful first post, thank you

I hope you enjoy your Broads adventures aboard her and keep us updated. The previous owners, as you've probably gathered, hold a special place in our hearts. Take care of the old girl for them

Grace

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hi Barry. Great photo! Yes, that's us in Blue Macaw. It was before we had a lot of refurbishment done and therefore, as you say, soon after we bought her. I have to say, though,  it's great to have a "proper" Broads boat now in Friday Girl. Thanks, everyone, for the welcome! 

Bruce

Bruce Hi and so good to hear from you again after 8 years or so!

We are so pleased that Friday Girl has found such a good home.   :default_biggrin:   :default_biggrin:   :default_biggrin:

Just a passing thought but she will go under Wroxham at 6ft 6ins on the gauge and I once took her through at 6ft 3ins following the pilot in another Alpha 35. (This compares with BB's plating when we bought her as 6ft 10ins minimum!). I'm not too sure that I'd do that again!

Any questions and I put my mobile number in a note to you yesterday with a couple of spare keys I just found. Please feel free to call any time between 08 - 23 but late mornings are most likely to find me.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Jayfire said:

I passed Friday girl earlier this morning as she was just coming out of Horning.

Just to prove it, although a very rushed shot as I delved for my phone buried deep in my pocket as they passed me by...

20180331_094145.thumb.jpg.6498ce22e6c0bc71cee4aba71a3f220b.jpg

I'm sure it's tough for John & Mary-Jane to let her go, but knowing just how much enjoyment she is bringing to her new responsible adults, and how much they are going treasure her will provide much comfort.

Wishing all parties well for the coming months in your coming adventures, whatever they may be :12_slight_smile:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Katiew said:

knowing just how much enjoyment she is bringing to her new responsible adults, and how much they are going treasure her will provide much comfort.

Katie, you are so, so right!    :default_icon_kiss:

Looking through the posts above has made my morning!     :default_eusa_dance:

• Like 9