Countryfile Sunday 22nd April

SwanR

Not sure whether anyone else has already flagged this somewhere. Countryfile tomorrow at 7pm is looking at crafts in Norfolk. Blurb from the BBC website is as follows.

Anita Rani is in Norfolk meeting the people keeping some of the UK's vanishing trades alive. Her first stop is Horsey Windpump which has been restored to full working glory by Tim Whiting, one of the last millwrights in the country. Next she joins the reed cutters making a living on the Norfolk Broads, where she gets to try her hand at cutting. Then she joins Nigel Ford, a man on a mission to restore all of Norfolk's ancient milestones. Finally, she meets David Wolstenholme who makes cricket bats by hand, a skill that's listed by the Heritage Crafts Association as being critically endangered, before she takes her place at the crease to put the bat to the test.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Well that was a waste of time, and if Anita repeater says " I'm here in Norfolk" any more , I shall scream, half the program was repeating itself clips from before, Not in Norfolk and every time it came back to her every 30 seconds she said....

1 minute ago, Vaughan said:

I didn't watch it as I get very fed up with programmes where the celebrity presenter has to be more important than the subject.

I'm glad I'm not alone in that opinion. CF has gone downhill in recent years.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Paul said:

I'm glad I'm not alone in that opinion. CF has gone downhill in recent years. 

Unfortunately the BBC's obsession with so called celebrities has resulted in many once good series becoming unwatchable.

I did have a look although I gave up on Countryfile a long time ago.

Last night as has already been said was a waste of time.

A once good programme about country matters has now turned in to what can only be described as,

"Blue Peter" with fields and cowpats.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Aristotle said:

It's all gone downhill since "Out of Town" with Jack Hargreaves. And such a good theme tune as well - the sun is  a big yellow duster polishing up the sky ......

That was the original Black and white shows Leslie Bricuss wrote it and Max Bygraves sung.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqV9IQ9vJ0c

the later colour versions used Johnathan Coudrille playing his own version of Recuerdos de Alhambra  by Fransisco Tarrega,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRdQsv65jtc

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Aristotle said:

It's all gone downhill since "Out of Town" with Jack Hargreaves. And such a good theme tune as well - the sun is  a big yellow duster polishing up the sky ......

And Jacks Game with Jackie Charlton. I have quite a few of both on DVD but the quality is pretty poor. I am pretty sure it is poor VHS to DVD conversion