Are You, Like Me, A Fat Pig?

Weight is seriously hard! 2 1/2 years ago my BP was confirmed as high and at the same time my daughter persuaded me to go to slimming world ( local health authority pay for 6 weeks) so I did. 6 months later I was 2 stone lighter but it is so hard. Currently fighting to get back in target having put 7 lb on for over 12 months..  there are so many reasons/excuses. I walk/relatively fit but to anyone trying to loose weight it is hard after the initial successes. Also my blood pressure stayed high. Liz

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I suffered from Anorexia when I reached my mid teens, in the 70s. It was horrible, thinking back on it, as for some stupid reason looking in the mirror always made me feel overweight, at 7 stone, 5 foot 8 tall. It stayed with me through the 80s and some of the 90s, until my parents looked after me during the day whilst I was recovering from a really bad road accident (I was knocked down by a van while crossing the road). The weight started to pile on as my mum and dad had such "healthy" diets that I was being fed full English breakfasts and all sorts of other stuff (she also worked in a Chinese Takeaway and learned from them how to cook all their "English" Chinese meals). I gained at least 3 stone, then met Mr N and over time gained quite a few more. It was nearly at the point where I was wearing a tent to go to work.

Then, as you guys all know, I broke my ankle (Feb 2016) and had 3 months off work, with Mr N booling me round in a wheelchair as well as helping with exercise (the yellow, green, blue and red bands from physiotherapy) and lost 2 stone. 

When I eventually went back to work, no-one recognised me.

My problem was, being office based, snacking! Crisps, biscuits, chocolate..all very nice, but not healthy. 

Now,  we walk or get the bus and walk. I'm now just over 12 stone, but happy with my body (and so is Mr N)

Delilah xx

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Delilah said:

I suffered from Anorexia when I reached my mid teens, in the 70s. It was horrible, thinking back on it, as for some stupid reason looking in the mirror always made me feel overweight, at 7 stone, 5 foot 8 tall. It stayed with me through the 80s and some of the 90s, until my parents looked after me during the day whilst I was recovering from a really bad road accident (I was knocked down by a van while crossing the road). The weight started to pile on as my mum and dad had such "healthy" diets that I was being fed full English breakfasts and all sorts of other stuff (she also worked in a Chinese Takeaway and learned from them how to cook all their "English" Chinese meals). I gained at least 3 stone, then met Mr N and over time gained quite a few more. It was nearly at the point where I was wearing a tent to go to work.

Then, as you guys all know, I broke my ankle (Feb 2016) and had 3 months off work, with Mr N booling me round in a wheelchair as well as helping with exercise (the yellow, green, blue and red bands from physiotherapy) and lost 2 stone. 

My problem was, being office based, snacking! Crisps, biscuits, chocolate..all very nice, but not healthy. 

Now,  we walk or get the bus and walk. I'm now just over 12 stone, but happy with my body (and so is Mr N)

Delilah xx

Lovely story. Twelve stone women are lovely!

• Like 4

Do tell me why is it that I am shrinking.    I used to be 5 foot 6 1/2 and now I am 5 foot 5 inches on a good day.     Reading the posts here I am not alone.   No wonder our midrifts are getting more round , we are being squashed.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Hylander said:

Do tell me why is it that I am shrinking.    I used to be 5 foot 6 1/2 and now I am 5 foot 5 inches on a good day.     Reading the posts here I am not alone.   No wonder our midrifts are getting more round , we are being squashed.

It's all to do with the Big Bang. The universe is expanding around us, therefore we are shrinking comparatively. A brief history of the Atkins Diet explains it all. :default_blink:

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Delilah said:

Delilah xx

Hi Linda

Judging by the pics I've seen of you, you look pretty hot to me, Mr N's a lucky man

A lovely story bless your heart

Grace :default_icon_kiss:

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Jayfire said:

Or the necessity to constantly shop for things they don't need

Let me and Grace take you on a shopping trip, JF, you'd love it. Just think how many shoe shops there are, how many department stores, clothes shops? And that's just for starters! 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Delilah said:

Let me and Grace take you on a shopping trip, JF, you'd love it. Just think how many shoe shops there are, how many department stores, clothes shops? And that's just for starters! 

But the company would be what makes it enjoyable for me Mrs Nog :default_smiley-angelic002:

5 minutes ago, KaptinKev said:

But I do hope your credit card would be able to take such a pounding!:default_biggrin:

Pleease doon't tempt me intooo jokes about women and a pounding..... 

For anyone who is hankering after black pudding made from fresh blood, and are nowhere near either Macclesfield or Jimmys farm. this outfit will deliver it mail order, at a price.  https://www.fruitpigcompany.com/Fresh-Blood-Black-Pudding.aspx  

I have never used them, so can't vouch for their products, but they might be worth a try, given the price of diesel nowadays.  Looking at their website, they also seem to have a number of stockists around the country, and especially in Norfolk and Suffolk.

https://www.fruitpigcompany.com/Our-Stockists.aspx

Under orders to find shelter for tomorrow’s weather I’m on Womack island warming up after sat out with camera, But good news is Kaz just approved me having a Cornish pasty from the $h1t shop sorry potters fine department store & over the bridge for chips and gravy as normal. 

Guilt trip for forgetting my jumpers my thinks lol.

17 minutes ago, Siddy said:

I can see the spring meet turning into a boot camp & look at that big hill at  Salhouse don’t forget your fitness gear.

I prefer a booty camp whilst looking at some big hills.

I never forget my fitness gear....

I've made the first lifestyle change this morning. I replaced my white bread with wholemeal and changed my salted butter which was 82% fat 51% saturated fat for a lower fat spread....Pork Dripping 70% fat with 30% saturated fat. There ain't no way I'm eating margarine!

• Like 3