With Knobs On!

I've got a Bosch built-in oven which is 15 years old and which I wasn't planning on replacing any time soon. the Clock/timer is set using a little black knob  on the front of the oven which was a little loose. Of course, the inevitable has happened and it has come off and gone missing!  The oven is deemed obsolete and the part no longer available so for the want of a tiny plastic knob it looks as if I will be obliged to buy a new oven. I'm beyond cheesed off! Anyone got any suggestions?

Carole

Would any company like buyspares com be of any help. Seems a bummer to have to replace the whole thing. Should be. com.

Sent from the Norfolk Broads Network mobile app

Please try PARTMASTER it stocks everything for every electrical item. Part of the Currys group. We’ve used them for years. Good luck.

Sent from the Norfolk Broads Network mobile app
  • Like 2

Try E spares, they have helped me out on numerous occasions.

I think Neff have the same little timer knob. A quick google brings up plenty of Bosch, Siemens, Neff ones in silver

9 minutes ago, ChrisB said:

Try E spares, they have helped me out on numerous occasions.

I think Neff have the same little timer knob. A quick google brings up plenty of Bosch, Siemens, Neff ones in silver

E spares are unable to help I've tried them

Carole

17 hours ago, addicted said:

E spares are unable to help I've tried them

Carole

Althgough that one is very similar, mine had a smaller spindle that was black and also the knob was ridged. even though having to replace my oven fore the sake of something so small is annoying in the extreme, I must admit the idea of a nice shiny new oven does have a certain appeal

Carole

• 3 months later...

Last week we went out to source a replacement oven to replace the one with the missing knob.  Nothing appealed. not surprising really, I didn't want to get rid of the one  I have,  it was being forced on me by the fact that a  knob,  essential to it's operation had gone missing and a replacement  was unobtainable. When we arrived back home  we gave it more thought and reasoning that a knob couldn't just disappear decided to search further and  found the little beggar hiding in the pan drawer beneath the oven.  Brilliant! However on our travels just as Tony had thought his wallet had escaped unscathed  I noticed a very nice fridge/ freezer and  ours although mechanically sound is starting to badly deteriorate inside  with cracked drawers/shelves etc. so needed replacing - the  new one arrives on Saturday! So as things stand I'm very grateful to my little nob!

Carole

• Like 1
  • Haha 1