• Announcements

Welcome! New around here? Take a look at the New Members' Guide for some pointers.

Not a member yet? Sign up here and you can soon be chatting away with friends old and new..

Check out our Handy Information section if you're after something quickly!

• If you would like to support the forum, please consider visiting the forum shop, where you can purchase such items as NBN Burgees, Window Stickers, or even a custom Limited Edition Wooden Throttle Control Knob

Forum Shop

Ray

Members I Have Seen...

Today honourable mention for Speed Triple, good to see you.

Also I just a few minutes ago waved at Nyx from our wild moorings on the Bure

I know others are out and about so will be looking out for you all 👍

• Like 1

Ah, sorry MM I didn't realise... I waved quite enthusiastically too 🍺

• Like 1

The chap at the helm is called Bernie (probably because that's his name) and he is normally with his fine wife Lorraine. One day he'll get around to joining the forum.

• Like 2

That would be good, he waved back but Lorraine didn't see me.

Had a pleasant chat with the two of them yesterday at the Hoveton Kings Arms moorings , Katie and I were on foot as sadly we are unable to get under Wroxham bridge , couldn’t get their parrot to join in the chat though .

• Haha 1

We also saw Nyx coming out of Wroxham, thought it was odd not seeing you at the helm.

2 hours ago, petersjoy said:

We also saw Nyx coming out of Wroxham, thought it was odd not seeing you at the helm.

I was talking to Petersjoy at Salhouse this morning but he didn't know who I was and I didn't know who he was he had obviously not seen the 2 NBN burgees on the boat we were standing by. Had a coffee and a chat on Lightning this afternoon with Neil and Karen at How Hill sadly taking the boat back in the morning moored at Paddy's Lane for the night Lulu's parents  moored behind us

• Like 2

Yes, it's been a good day for seeing new faces, sadly in Ray's case, only in passing. At least we had a chat with SG. If you read this before tomorrow afternoon Ray, we're aiming for Stacey Arms for the night to get across Breydon early Wednesday, which way are you headed?. 

8 hours ago, Seagypsy said:

Lulu's parents  moored behind us

Yep, there’s a few of us family out and about this week.  I don’t know what boat you are on to give you a wave.  I must start my Luna’s Log write up. Seen so many NBN people yesterday 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Seagypsy said:

I was talking to Petersjoy at Salhouse this morning but he didn't know who I was and I didn't know who he was he had obviously not seen the 2 NBN burgees on the boat we were standing by. Had a coffee and a chat on Lightning this afternoon with Neil and Karen at How Hill sadly taking the boat back in the morning moored at Paddy's Lane for the night Lulu's parents  moored behind us

Yes, sorry about that, i missed the burgees on your boat, nice to talk to you though.

i was too busy just saying hello to John also before we left.

We have seen a few too, passed Lightning, waved at Sam and Graham on Luna, waved at Peters Joy and Nyx all yesterday, will be on the look out again today

Sent from the Norfolk Broads Network mobile app

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, hazelgirl said:

We have seen a few too, passed Lightning, waved at Sam and Graham on Luna, waved at Peters Joy and Nyx all yesterday, will be on the look out again today emoji23.png

Sent from the Norfolk Broads Network mobile app

Hi Hazel, which boat are you on,?, had we known, we would have slowed down and said hello. 

9 hours ago, SPEEDTRIPLE said:

Yes, it's been a good day for seeing new faces, sadly in Ray's case

LOL everyone says that!😄

Seriously, it was good to say hello ST. We are pottering about towards Coltishal via Ranworth, Salhouse and Wroxham.

If we can't get through Wroxham Bridge we'll turn round and find a wild mooring. We do hope to head south a bit later in the week ST, we'll keep a look out for you 👍

• Haha 1

I've often wondered if there is any mileage in having a 'members seen on the water' photo thread ?

This stems from both a desire to have a shot of me sailing as well as seeing a number of fellow forumites out and about

• Like 1

I can think of one or two contributors to the drone and dashcam threads that may not be so keen!! Perhaps we would need an etiquette. Fly one NBN burgee if you don't mind your picture taken, fly two if you do mind and don't want to end up pictured on the forum :default_smiley-taunt014:

Last I only saw 2 burgee flying and a members boat that didn't see us but thought we'd want mooring on the bank with his wash.

After many years of service my flag pole (3/8" wood) strapped to the front lost a fight with a branch so new one ordered.

2 hours ago, EastCoastIPA said:

I can think of one or two contributors to the drone and dashcam threads that may not be so keen!! Perhaps we would need an etiquette. Fly one NBN burgee if you don't mind your picture taken, fly two if you do mind and don't want to end up pictured on the forum :default_smiley-taunt014:

I don't mind but I fly 2 port and starboard

• Like 1

Waved at Ranworth Breeze this morning as she passed us heading upstream on the Yare just before the Beauchamp Arms which we are currently sampling.

IMG_20190921_121848.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The food was wonderful! This pub seems a little past it's best from the outside but the food and the service were fantastic. I'm not an ale fan I'm afraid but the fizzy foreign stuff I prefer was ice cold as it should be. Their music selection was right up our street and we had a delightful lunch. 

• Like 1

Just posted a separately about them, the short version is great service and great food plus good value for money. We would certainly go back, although I can't comment on the quality of the ale simply because I don't drink it

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ray said:

The food was wonderful! This pub seems a little past it's best from the outside but the food and the service were fantastic. I'm not an ale fan I'm afraid but the fizzy foreign stuff I prefer was ice cold as it should be. Their music selection was right up our street and we had a delightful lunch. 

Fizzy chemicals for me too, I've tried lots of real gravy, ermm ale, but don't like it.  

• Haha 2

Sadly, we won't be seeing any other members till next March, we arrived home at 15.00 this afternoon, which is only 250 miles away in East Dorset. Any members close by this way? :default_icon_e_biggrin:

• Like 1

Today we had the pleasure of meeting Jbx5 (was it John?) and a his beautiful boat Noah's Ark :default_beerchug:

• Like 1