Restoration.

Springsong

• 4 months later...

Well it has been a while; although things have been going on not much that can be photographed.  So my friend has started tiling and as you can see he is doing a splendid job, the heads are tiled and awaiting grout, when that is finished the heated towel rail and the mirror will go up.

The other side of the companion way is the shower room. Griff agreed to fit the shower tray in the bottom, this has proved to be perhaps a little more challenging than we, or at least I envisaged.

Griff has done a first class job and as you can see from the photos he has produced a very strong base for the tray to sit on, the hole will now be tanked with a type of fibre glass cloth coated in a type of resin to make it all completely water proof.

The new galley floor is not quite finished, I am waiting for a strong pair of hands to lift the cooker up to slide the bits in on the port side under the said cooker.

I thought we may have had an issue with the mast but luckily it fits along with its plinth perfectly where I had always envisaged it going in its original place; the problem could have been caused by the front hatch which of course is an added extra.

The photos are as usual by a link to flickr below. 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/126518448@N02/16824497089/in/photostream/

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

We have at last had a deep clean. We have had a fairly intensive few days finishing off jobs like fitting the panels and down lighters under the front decks. The upholstery is now on board and looking rather good I think. The carpets/mats are all fitted and also look good, all of course in my opinion.

The small bunk and double up forward still have the polythene on to protect them until sheets can be fitted.

post-40-0-62107200-1433663268_thumb.jpg

post-40-0-16676100-1433663306_thumb.jpg

post-40-0-13237400-1433663342_thumb.jpg

post-40-0-93242100-1433663379_thumb.jpg

post-40-0-63764600-1433663429_thumb.jpg

post-40-0-90732800-1433663466_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

• 5 years later...

Dear Barry

I hope you are able to pick this up? Some pictures that you might like form my father's photo album from the early 70's when he had bought NBYC. Norvic was modernised by Ernie Good, but my father sold her to make room for his new boats that he designed: Congressman, President, Senator and the Viceroys. Interestingly we never took Norvic out for a holiday, so I don't think he was a fan.

Regards

Robert

DC9BCD9E-4597-4258-B234-E75331A10CF5_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.82bf9f55e7dc32a70700ee4b6161499c.jpeg

99DFB607-AB91-4669-9781-099A4807BED6_1_105_c.jpeg

• Like 5

Morning Robert

After a bit of hunting here is the only photo I have of Norvic taken moored outside my uncle and aunts house at Irstead.

We used to cause all kinds of problems when mooring three boats or even four at times on their front.. Far too much to do at age 16 to worry about photos. That incidentally is  a very young me on the fore deck.

Parents in those days used to hire Landamores although as we started hiring our own boats they started using Baltimore from Moores.

Norvic 1966.jpeg

• Like 6