Restoration.

Springsong

Wow wow wow! Congratulations as a retired tradesman, and having worked in the past with top rate craftsmen, you have done yourselves, and the lovely boat proud.  :clap  :clap  :clap Now get out on the rivers, and enjoy the fruits of your labours.

cheers Iain.

• Like 2

Thank you all for your kind comments.

We had a huge rain storm yesterday which has thrown up a few problems which we are sorting as we speak. Yes Iain we fully intend to be out and about very soon. We have the engine up and running with forward and reverse operational. The loo is being fitted, which like everything else on this project is not straight forward it seems.. Once all the drilling and cutting is finished a thorough cleaning before the upholstery goes in. 

• Like 4

That rain storm will have done you a favour - at least you will have found out the source of any leaks before the soft furnishings go in.  Once you start using her proper and spend a few nights onboard then and only then will you come across a host of little finishing / tweaking jobs - all part of the fun and getting her 'Just Right' - it takes time and the dreaded £'s but all very much worthwhile and enjoyable getting her sorted too.

So pleased you are afloat.  Well done

• 1 month later...

There is plenty going on but not really much to photograph. I spent most of today screwing on the external chrome window surrounds. They had just been put on temporarily with Phillips screws they had to come out and slotted screws put in. Chrome ones are getting increasingly difficult to get so I have plumped for stainless domed head screws.

The inverter is being wired up as you can see some heavy duty wire going in there.

The coffee machine is now installed so espresso, cappuccino or latte all available or indeed instant, but milk is in short supply as the fridge has yet to be fitted. We are awaiting a fuse box to be fitted near the shore power inlet, once that is fitted then the fridge can go in and we can have cold milk.  

I have painted the port side window casements but it is very difficult to photograph them because of the light, but believe me they look alright. The starboard ones are a bit of a problem for me with the bunks/sofas being in the way, but I will keep trying.

So most systems are working now, certainly all the 12 volt stuff is, the 240 volt is causing more of a problem.There is plenty going on but not really much to photograph. I spent most of today screwing on the external chrome window surrounds. They had just been put on temporarily with Phillips screws they had to come out and slotted screws put in. Chrome ones are getting increasingly difficult to get so I have plumped for stainless domed head screws.

The inverter is being wired up as you can see some heavy duty wire going in there.

The coffee machine is now installed so espresso, cappuccino or latte all available or indeed instant, but milk is in short supply as the fridge has yet to be fitted. We are awaiting a fuse box to be fitted near the shore power inlet, once that is fitted then the fridge can go in and we can have cold milk.  

I have painted the port side window casements but it is very difficult to photograph them because of the light, but believe me they look alright. The starboard ones are a bit of a problem for me with the bunks/sofas being in the way, but I will keep trying.

So most systems are working now, certainly all the 12 volt stuff is, the 240 volt is causing more of a problem.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/126518448@N02/15279498845/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/126518448@N02/15279498845/

• Like 3

Great job there Barry!  looks like all those YEARS of work have paid off, we saw you know who in Asda a few months ago and he said it was coming along nicely. I hope he appreciates all the work you've put in or he will have to deal with Judi, I'll be keeping an eye out for her around Broadsedge I don't want you lot scratching the gel coat on my new/old boat, I have a lot of varnish work to do and if it comes up like yours I'll be happy, I'm trying some new varnish on this one so it's going to be a bit experimental, hopefully we will see you all out and about in the near future,,

Frank,,,

Well having said the widows are difficult to photograph you can see for yourselves. The first one has been glossed and the second with tape on is still in undercoat, although I did in fact gloss it yesterday.

The heads are coming on. The flooring is down and the loo plinth is painted and in position; I am just giving the paint as long as possible to harden off to avoid (hopefully) any damage.

The photo of the bulkhead shows the two chrome mounting brackets for the top of the heated towel rail; having put these up it occurred to me that the bottom ones would likely be knocked while fitting the loo and being in the modern trend are only chrome plated plastic (ugh) but price is king.

Still at least I know it will fit and that the mounting blocks behind the ply are in their correct places, some result considering my measuring skills.  

https://www.flickr.com/photos/126518448@N02/15334997446/

A good day today; we now have a working loo and a working fridge.

The fridge is not in its final position because I suspect they will want it out for the BSS and I also think that once in position it will be very difficult to get out.

To add to that I am hoping to get some of the oak floor down before the fridge goes in.

As you can see from the photos the loo is in position and operating with just the control panel to go on. I am quite pleased with the way it is coming on in the heads.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/126518448@N02/15380102435/

• Like 2