March 14th For 1 Week.

SPEEDTRIPLE

Hi all,

Karen and i will be on Lightning for a week from March 14th onwards. We`ve never been afloat so early in the year, so would ask what`s open that early, such as yacht stations, quay rangers , moorings etc. Also, things like water hoses, i know the hose is always on at Loddon, but not places like Reedham and Gt Yarmouth etc. Also, what will the tides be like, as we are going to see Liz (the owner of Ramblers Gallery at Thurne), and would like to take for a run on Lightning.

Any relevant info would be greatly appreciated.

I was trying to remember what we did last year, although we were on the north, so can only comment on that. But from memory we were out at the same time as you and filled up water easily at Ranworth, Salhouse and Womack Water. Ferry Marina and Richardson's are hiring at that time so their boatyards would have water available too.

16 minutes ago, YnysMon said:

Looks like a good week for getting through Yarmouth.

Tide table link:

http://www.norfolk-broads.org/tides/tide_report.asp?

Thanks for that Helen. Yes, the tides look spot on for once.  So far, we`ve planned for either Brundall (home mooring) or Loddon on Saturday, then definitely Oulton Broad on Sunday, and then across to the North on Monday, and back south on the Wednesday or Thursday dependent on other things. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MauriceMynah said:

You will be delighted to know that the pubs are particularly nice that time of the year. :-)

Might be worth checking whether they are serving food though, if you want a meal. When we were out in March 3 or 4 years ago there was one place that was not serving any food until Easter. 

• Like 1

Yarmouth Yacht Station doesn’t open until the end of March, but Beccles and Oulton Broad are manned in the mornings.  Most of the pubs will be open, The Lion at Thurne, The Bridge at Acle and The Maltsters at Ranworth will all be serving food.  The hose at Ranworth will be available and there was one at Broads Boating Co at Acle when we were there in November.  Water will be available at Oulton and Beccles, too.  

We are up for a long weekend on Norfolk Lady starting Thursday evening 19th March, so may bump into you at some point on Friday somewhere for a chat and catch up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mouldy said:

Yarmouth Yacht Station doesn’t open until the end of March, but Beccles and Oulton Broad are manned in the mornings.  Most of the pubs will be open, The Lion at Thurne, The Bridge at Acle and The Maltsters at Ranworth will all be serving food.  The hose at Ranworth will be available and there was one at Broads Boating Co at Acle when we were there in November.  Water will be available at Oulton and Beccles, too.  

We are up for a long weekend on Norfolk Lady starting Thursday evening 19th March, so may bump into you at some point on Friday somewhere for a chat and catch up.

Hi Malcolm, as you know, we`re moored at Brooms, so there`s every chance. As i said above, we`ll more than likely be going to Loddon for the Saturday night because i`m hoping to meet my brother and sister in law on the Sunday to take them for a cruise back to Oulton for the night, where they live. Then we`ll probably be heading North for a few nights, then back to Loddon again, and Brundall on the Thursday or Friday night.

The only competitive sailing going on on Sunday 15th is:

Norwich Frostbites at Thorpe st Andrew,

Snowflake sailing club at Horning, 

Rollesby Sailing club (good luck on getting Lightening up there:default_biggrin:)

The following Sunday is near enough the same, except Horning Sailing club start sailing for the summer at Horning..

16 hours ago, SwanR said:

I don't do either ...

tenor.gif.abda8a570ee196b3edb178bf9fdd2906.gif

16 hours ago, SwanR said:

other than a glass of wine during that season that I'm sure I'm not allowed to mention for the next 10 1/2 months!! ;)

Aha, now this one I know, you're meaning

CHRISTMAS

source.thumb.gif.c13fcb9b8f82d4cde13805077bb35f5e.gif