Biburybill

Biburybill

1 hour ago, NorfolkNog said:

Yep, I would agree. White Horse, excellent pub, but I would also say 2 miles. Longish walk although I don't know what the road is like at night. I wouldn't be surprised if Fireman Sam has done it. 

Probably takes about 40 minutes on average, many boaters do it - especially if they’re desperate! (Like Fireman Sam!) Ok on light evenings but a torch would be necessary at dusk or in the dark as the route is by road.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, vanessan said:

Probably takes about 40 minutes on average, many boaters do it - especially if they’re desperate! (Like Fireman Sam!) Ok on light evenings but a torch would be necessary at dusk or in the dark as the route is by road.

The 40 minutes average is of course dependant on the number of walls to fall over:default_norty:

• Haha 3

It's always worth carrying a pair of cheap bike lights on the broads for just such times, preferably one with a bit of velcro attached so you can stick the red on your shoulder facing back and not have to worry about what's coming up behind you walking on the edge of the road.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ranworthbreeze said:

The 40 minutes average is of course dependant on the number of walls to fall over:default_norty:

Ahh I see my one error of judgement in life is still being remembered, no doubt thanks to my gorgeous Grace reminding everyone every 2 minutes :default_biggrin:

Yes the White Horse Inn at Neatishead would be the closest pub, and it is indeed around 35-40 minutes walk along the typical type of road that surrounds the Broads.

The torch and lights advice are good ones, but the reward of a decent pint or 10 of Stella make it well worth the trip :default_beerchug:

2 hours ago, ranworthbreeze said:

I don’t think there are any, certainly not many anyway. Maybe the little bridge just before you get to the pub. Oh, of course, that would be on the way back from the pub too ................:default_drinks:

I don't mean to de-rail this thread but I feel I need to qualify something

3 hours ago, ranworthbreeze said:

Jay doesn't fall over walls Alan, I think the correct words he used when I asked if he was okay trying desperately not to giggle was.....

"The wall just jumped out at me"  :facepalm:

Grace x

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jayfire said:

pint or 10 of Stella make it well worth the trip

it seems that this statement strikes a dischord with the quote below

12 minutes ago, Gracie said:

was it a trip over the wall, or did it jump out at you?

1 hour ago, Gracie said:

Jay doesn't fall over walls Alan, I think the correct words he used when I asked if he was okay trying desperately not to giggle was.....

Oh my goodness. I don't remember you asking if I was okay :default_smiley-angelic002:

I don't remember ever actually being attacked by any walls or trees around that area, but then the 10 pints of Stella never helps with my memory of these things :default_beerchug:

4 hours ago, Smoggy said:

It's always worth carrying a pair of cheap bike lights on the broads for just such times, preferably one with a bit of velcro attached so you can stick the red on your shoulder facing back and not have to worry about what's coming up behind you walking on the edge of the road.

Every now and then LIDL do a head torch with a removable red led on the back of the headband - mine cost less than a fiver last year. Worth its weight in gold when dog-walking in the sticks but remember to turn it off when you get to the pub or you look somewhat silly at the bar!