I Too Am Fed Up With Coronavirus So Here Is My Dream Carriage.

ChrisB

1 hour ago, grounded said:

Strange as it may seem, I would truly love to have this back.

vitesse.JPG

As a spoilt only son I had a Herald for my 17th! My mother had the 2.0litre Vitesse convertible.

Screenshot_20200320-052249_Photos.jpg

• Like 1

There followed a Spitfire for doing well in my A levels. Judith and I having a picnic outside Dieppe. I remember we always had biscuits and " La Vache qui Rit" as we drove through France. Picture 1969, we were engaged and Judith was allowed to go on holiday with me.

Screenshot_20200320-052349_Photos.thumb.jpg.a061933522ad4091ecdd5709b51ad508.jpg

• Like 2

and this was my second favourite car. It was a Triumph Herald 13/60 estate which a very good friend of mine converted to Mk1 Vitesse spec. Sadly he passed and I bought it from his widow. The "Green Bean" is how it was known in our local Triumph Sports Six Club branch.

bean.jpg

• Like 1

In the mid eighties I was really into cars. I drove up to Halifax to test drive a 400 I Rerrari. It was a manual which was reasonably rare in this model. It was glorious a 4 litre V12. Very soon I realised that it was out of my league, if it broke I would have been up a creek etc etc. So on returning to the show room I spied in the corner a 246 GT Dino in Dino blue a kind of French blue. The result we left our 911SC at the deajler and drove the Dino home for £12000.00

5335252102_a9234124c6.jpg

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Springsong said:

In the mid eighties I was really into cars. I drove up to Halifax to test drive a 400 I Rerrari. It was a manual which was reasonably rare in this model. It was glorious a 4 litre V12. Very soon I realised that it was out of my league, if it broke I would have been up a creek etc etc. So on returning to the show room I spied in the corner a 246 GT Dino in Dino blue a kind of French blue. The result we left our 911SC at the deajler and drove the Dino home for £12000.00

5335252102_a9234124c6.jpg

I think it is the greatest design ever to come out of Ferrari. I am obviously not alone in that view as good originals often command £300+K.

I am very envious.

At one time while in my ownership it was going up in price to the tune of £ i1000.00  every month.. After some 18 months with the engine out awaiting a rebuild I was offered  £ 33000.00 an offer I couldn't refuse so off she went for a total body off restoration. She is now painted red which tome is a shame as there were only ever 5 painted in the Dino blue in RHD.  

On 20/03/2020 at 11:11, SANTED said:

Good luck with that project.

I had an MG J2 Midget not sure what year it was but I  always thought it was about 1932.The Reg number was MG 2121 similar to yours. No pictures unfortunately

I think the number plate was the most valuable part of the car! Sadly this is an old project which has been and gone; it was beyond my economic resources to complete it so I sold it on partly restored. I've never seen it since I sold it to a guy in Kent.

When my daughter had her 17th birthday we bought her a Vauxhall Viva and her father taught her to drive in it. On her 18th birthday she asked if we would buy the Viva off her plus top up the rest of the asking price of the Triumph Spitfire she had seen and fallen love  with.  The first time she drove it to school ,on coming our with a few of the boys in her class, they arrived to where she had parked in the street  and she stopped and said well this is mine and the boys all scoffed and said "you Wish"!  Their faces when she climbed in and drove it away were something to behold  She kept it a year and then got an MG  which she swapped a year later for a TVR Tasmin.

Carole

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, StillCruising said:

I have just been scanning some old photos. This was my MG in the 70's, for those who know me, yes I had a lot more hair then.  As a group of friends were really big on Rovers (and pubs), mine is the '90' on the RH.

Me and the MG 1977.jpg

Running Inn Speildhurst.jpg

The Rover on the left is still on the road now!

• Like 2

Bought that in 1986 when it was 10 years old, and being a BL product, rusty!

Did a restoration on it in 1990. Cars and boats can get you in trouble....

Still have it today, and it still puts a smile on my face when driving it.

Second picture shows the starting handle, around 2ft 6 long. Surprisingly easy to use, considering it’s a V8

C5AC7870-7FF3-4BB9-8735-CE6FCDBA6A37.jpeg

FAFEDC78-5C1F-4ACF-B9D1-0E834600C624.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...