Cerise Lady Has A Day Out At Last

CambridgeCabby

We are in a rather baron Neatishead Staithe, just us and one other boat at 15:30pm...we are off to the pub in search of fellow humans!...and ale.

Ps...scratch that...the other boat is leaving as we speak so only us.

20210423_101725.jpg

I see Dave Whitworth has started putting up the videos of his recent trip. Cerise Lady is on the start of Day Two Part One as you were moored in front of him at Neatishead. Didn’t know if you had seen it or usually watch Dave’s videos. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 23/04/2021 at 22:08, Boaters said:

OVRC ? Was that the club at St Neots? Moored opposite at Croshall for many years ,nice apart of the river ,good memories, before we came to Norfolk :default_biggrin:

The very same indeed, I moored up at st.neots marina for a good few years as it's only a shortish walk from home for me, one of the owners just lives across the corner from me.

Hi,Smoggy,was that the marina near the Town center.we had some boating friends at Crosshall who lived in St Neots ,who we keep in touch with.What years were you there ? :default_biggrin:

Edited by Boaters
Not my pictures

Forgot to mention that contrary to the rumours that were abound concerning the removal of the hose and tap at Gayes Staithe due to lack of honesty in the honesty box we stopped there for brunch on Sunday and there is a new hose and tap along with a new honesty box fitted .

From what I have been told this facility was almost lost , can I urge anyone afloat to keep a few pound coins aboard so as to be able to contribute towards the water costs where these honesty boxes are present , I believe the accepted “donation” nowadays is £1 for small top up and £2 for a tank fill . 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, SwanR said:

That’s a really good reminder. 👍 I think people genuinely don’t have cash with them a lot of the time. 

We very rarely use cash anymore, but I make sure we have a stash of £1 coins for this very purpose although new hirers may not be aware.