Cerise Lady Has A Day Out At Last

CambridgeCabby

• 3 weeks later...

16/05/21

Katie and I left home at 10:00 to make our way the 1hr40 drive down the A11 to Norfolk  for a week afloat , yes both of us , Kate has a week off!!!

We stopped of in Hoveton en-route to grab a few more supplies from Roy’s and a coffee before making our way to LBBY to pick up the fuel can for our tender that Ray had left with George (thank you Ray) , Kate got absolutely soaked when she made the dash into the boat yard but she needed a shower anyways . Next destination NYA in Horning to have a look at a boat followed by a stop off at Tesco s Stalham for Kates ciggies and some fresh cut flowers for aboard, we duly arrived at the wet shed .

A leisurely loading of supplies , clothing etc ,quick clean up and we set sail about 15:00, high tide at Ludham today was approx 16:00 and water levels reasonably high , I’ve learnt to know approximate bridge clearance height at Ludham by the level at Richardson’s slipway and knew it would be tight for us to get under so in spitting rain we made our way for Neatishead , staithe was full so doubled back to Gayes staithe for the evenings stay , moored up (stern moorings) and we spotted fellow NBN members Monas Queen socially distanced chat ensued.

Rain had stopped , and a pleasant 14C, after a while Monas Queen departed on her return to the wet shed and was time to cook dinner , my version of Carbonara ( heavy on the garlic and black pepper) a little read and soon time to get our heads down for the evening , we were soon snuggled up under the duvet and asleep by 22:30.

Up at 06:00 to a misty but currently rain free morning 

• Like 3

17/05/21

day of more freedom has arrived 

left an overcast Gayes staithe at 09:30 for a slow amble along to pass under Ludham at 10:30 , rivers very quiet , we poodled along at 3mph enjoying the peace and tranquility ,past a single boat (private) moored at Irstead , a scattering of 5 boats at Hows Hill , under Ludham at low water clearance was 8ft2 .

right turn onto the Bure , wouldn’t take a genius to guess our destination fr the day/evening now that a drink inside a pub is once again permitted , by 11:30 Ranworth staithe came into view , and there were 6 spaces on the front and two in my favoured side Dyke , sadly the taxi rank was in use .

we moored up next to fellow forum members aboard Bon Bon and plugged to the leccy post , our evenings rest spot had been achieved.

we spent the afternoon chatting to friends of old and friends anew , helped those  in need with mooring and enjoyed a dry yet overcast afternoon on the staithe .

the promised downpour duly arrived at 17:30, time to get washed and scrubbed to attempt to make myself presentable for an evening of food and perhaps a pint or two for me too.

Off to the Maltsters at 19:00 , Kate decided on fresh cod and chips with mushy peas , I ended up with a burger , what is it nowadays that means you don’t get offered bar meals that are accompanied by fresh vegetables ?

I don’t like chips , never have , new potatoes , boiled potato’s or mash I love them all , just don’t do chips , 

To help me digest my dinner I had to consume a quantity of the most excellent Jumper ale , Kate being a mere light weight mixed her drinks , yup a couple of cokes followed by freshly brewed coffees !!

By 22:30 we were the last customers left in the pub , guess Katie frightened the rest away ; we are now aboard , radiator on and off to bed , where should we go tommorow I ask ?

DB9149E5-A606-48E2-9846-78D3B665A85E.jpeg

DC0CC80B-4CF5-4492-B63B-E573A774349E.jpeg

40265100-5EBB-4CFF-ABAB-5417E41E7796.jpeg

C762B80B-A132-451B-B48C-67C7F347708A.jpeg

8410F0F3-29E1-415F-805B-684249066921.jpeg

E1762A26-0D0D-41E8-863D-CB5D71AB1936.jpeg

D2CAC586-BB31-4D49-8CC0-ECEFFB22EB69.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, CambridgeCabby said:

Forgot to mention Katie’s version of Grendles bacon and cheese puffs , she changed the bacon to palma ham

DB08559C-1CFF-4A9B-8339-C9BA824368B3.jpeg

they look and sound just as good, and are an excellent snack while travelling.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CambridgeCabby said:

Tragedy !!!

my NBN pennant flag has died , the cord has greyed and disintegrated !!

time to order another one but means I’ll be failing to fly the flag this week :default_sad:

Get the needle and cotton out and sew a nylon cord on, my only attempt at needlework. 😁

3 minutes ago, CambridgeCabby said:

Popped into the shop on the staithe Womack hoping they could repair as they sell bunting , sadly the lady is no longer on site , but they still sell bunting .

No cord onboard and my sewing skills are beyond incompetent .

If they are that bad you might be better with three! ;)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Guest Jayfire
14 hours ago, CambridgeCabby said:

To help me digest my dinner I had to consume a quantity of the most excellent Jumper ale , Kate being a mere light weight mixed her drinks , yup a couple of cokes followed by freshly brewed coffees !!

Your lady, your boat, the rivers, and the pub.....perfection :default_smile:

Well.......personally I'd change "a quantity of ale" to "as much beer as they can physically get inside me" for it to be perfection, but each to their own :default_biggrin:

Have a great time Mr & Mrs CC :default_beerchug:

We decided to spend the day and overnight at Womack , now moored up side on in the shop staithe , the heavens opened at 18:00 by 20:00 the storm had passed us over , sitting here sated often consuming cottage pie and fresh green beans , enjoying a glass (or bottle) of Chilean Merlot and listening to the bird song .

980F4415-7BE3-4629-81E7-EB935F203558.jpeg

254B43A1-16F2-4057-9FB3-E8D4036B6FBC.jpeg

• Like 2

It was quite a storm. I'm at Yarmouth Yacht Station and there was lots of thunder and lightning. The rain was so heavy, it knocked out the electric pillar on the quayside. Thankfully, it's back up and working again and it didn't stop me watching my team - I went to the Kings Arms, just a few hundred yards away. Must be one of the most under-rated pubs on the Broads. So welcoming, excellent food and though they don't show the matches on their screens , the wifi is fast enough to stream the match. This was when I was at the seafront earlier. The clouds were threatening and it's no surprise they lost their temper and started to "kick and scream"

DSC_0029.JPG

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CambridgeCabby said:

the heavens opened at 18:00 by 20:00 the storm had passed us over

1 hour ago, DAVIDH said:

It was quite a storm. I'm at Yarmouth Yacht Station and there was lots of thunder and lightning.

Was that this evening? Nothing here in Hoveton other than rain!

1 hour ago, SwanR said:

Was that this evening? Nothing here in Hoveton other than rain!

Yes, it bounced down until around 6pm. It eased up then but could have continued after that...I was in the pub watching the football, so was a little distracted.

• Like 1