Moorings And Things.

MauriceMynah

Having walked from Broadsedge to The Swan at Ingham it is not that far. However from where the pavement ends to the Swan through the bends is not the safest of walking especially should it be dark.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChrisB said:

Having walked from Broadsedge to The Swan at Ingham it is not that far. However from where the pavement ends to the Swan through the bends is not the safest of walking especially should it be dark.

I wouldn't disagree - It's a while since I did it, about a mile from memory. I didnt have any great problems with traffic as I recall although one needs to be careful of course. 

I've heard a lot of good reports about the Star at Lessingham but that would be a taxi job unless you're Fireman Sam of course :default_biggrin:

The Star is a gem. But as you say, it is a taxi ride. Whilst there The Butchers Arms is very close. Changing cask ale. Had a really nice roast pork lunch there a couple of years back.

Edit: Butchers is at East Ruston. The Vicarage gardens are really worth a visit.

• Like 2

I'm happy to be side on or stern on, or even bow on (Oh happy days on Salhouse) but I did contact Boulters when they first advertised that mooring. They said they'd phone back. I still await their call.

To be honest, I think I prefer the idea of Stalham over Horning as a base to moor. Easier stocking up the food & booze and a bit more of a cruise to get to places.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, NorfolkNog said:

....plus it's a bit tight at Boulters if memory serves. I'm sure you could get a 42 foot in of course but a tad tight squeeze I suspect. Plus very busy in summer! Only drawback with Stalham is that it can freeze in winter. 

I think Boulter’s moorings are outside of the basin. 

• Thanks 1

Guest Jayfire
On 27/11/2020 at 11:42, MauriceMynah said:

Indeed it has, and I have. I wonder if Jayfire and/or Norfolk Nog have been in there too.

On 27/11/2020 at 11:57, NorfolkNog said:

Can't speak for Fireman Sam but sadly not

I have, a good while back now however. I'm not 100% sure if it is supposed to be residents only but I got in and had a Stella or two. Can't remember any watered down gravy on sale for the Nogster however

Guest Jayfire
5 minutes ago, NorfolkNog said:

Thought it had been very quiet of late..................:default_norty:

Well I hope you enjoyed it because I'm back :default_xmas3:

5 minutes ago, NorfolkNog said:

............and have you? 

Who? :default_norty:

Guest Jayfire
2 minutes ago, NorfolkNog said:

can we assume that the Swan and the Grebe will be seeing a surge in trade (when they are allowed to open of course) :default_beerchug:

Well I'm around that general area, and whenever I possibly can I shall be exchanging my hard earned for a few refreshments :default_wink:

:default_beerchug: