Moorings And Things.

MauriceMynah

Well well well! Ladies and gentlemen, you won't recognise Nyx next time you see her.

"Don't say he's cleaned her" I hear you all shudder. Nope, for the time being, she still has that now famous "Patina" you all know and love.

"Maybe he's tidied the cockpit out." No wrong again. that is yet to happen, but as with cleaning her, it will occur in the fullness.

Nope, ladies and gentlemen, I have I suppose, in a way ... Built an extension.!!!

Instead of being that 27' long so well known of Elysians, she has grown to 42 feet, and instead of that famous 9'6" beam, she is now 12' beam. In fact instead of being an Elysian, she is an Aquafibre 42.

In her previous guise she was one of Richardson's finest, but they have been generous enough to let me buy her. 

This leaves me with a tiny weeny problem as I suspect she will be very reluctant to go beneath Potter Heigham bridge. So, I need a new mooring, preferably in the near future.

It is with that in mind dear readers, I ask you all to keep ears to the ground to find such a thing. Very strong preference for the northern waters but that aside not too worried where.

Richardson's are for the moment unable to accommodate but I shall be asking to go on their waiting list as I like the top of the Ant. Broads Edge can't help and I can't get through to Broad gate. Any suggestions welcome.

• Like 10

41 minutes ago, MauriceMynah said:

This leaves me with a tiny weeny problem as I suspect she will be very reluctant to go beneath Potter Heigham bridge. So, I need a new mooring, preferably in the near future.

It is with that in mind dear readers, I ask you all to keep ears to the ground to find such a thing. Very strong preference for the northern waters but that aside not too worried where.

Richardson's are for the moment unable to accommodate but I shall be asking to go on their waiting list as I like the top of the Ant. Broads Edge can't help and I can't get through to Broad gate. Any suggestions welcome.

I suppose you’ve tried Herbert Woods, as in Waterside Marine, not top of the Ant, but the right side of Potter H bridge🥴

53 minutes ago, Cockatoo said:

Have you tried Horning Pleasurecraft  MM (the old Richardsons, Horning)

No, not yet, will try to contact them tomorrow.

29 minutes ago, Bluebell said:

I suppose you’ve tried Herbert Woods, as in Waterside Marine, not top of the Ant, but the right side of Potter H bridge🥴

Yes, nothing available for 42'

20 minutes ago, gancanny said:

you could try, wayford marine,  over the river from peter and thelma

01692 583192,  and handy for the pub

I shall try them tomorrow too. (I'm not a liveaboard ,,,yet!!!)

5 minutes ago, Ray said:

No one has mentioned Sutton Staithe Boatyard yet. It's in the right area, has a great owner and crew and is certainly competitive.

I don't know if they have any vacancies but if you speak to Rob he'll let you know.

I spoke to Rob this afternoon. He has no space.  :-(

Many thanks for these suggestions.

• Like 1