Moorings And Things.

MauriceMynah

Guest Jayfire

Congrats Eminem :default_beerchug:

I was looking for a mooring very recently as you'll know, and whilst I was obviously researching for a much smaller boat than yours I found...

Wayford Bridge

Percival Boats

Ferry Marina

All had moorings available at the time T'up Norf

There are a few Darn Sarf if you fancy them...or were.. for my little one :default_smiley-angelic002:

Guest Jayfire
2 hours ago, NorfolkNog said:

You would have Fireman Sam as a neighbour! :default_icon_e_surprised:

Oi you cheeky fudger, I've just seen this :default_rofl:

1 hour ago, MauriceMynah said:

Yes, nothing available for 42'

I can only imagine your disappointment at being unable to moor near me Eminem, despite that Nogster intimating otherwise :default_smiley-angelic002:

Guest Jayfire
2 hours ago, Sam said:

It’s a good mooring with all facilities but we wanted a garden.

Eminem's new boat will carry it's own g̶a̶r̶d̶e̶n̶ patina before long :default_wink:

Congratulations, solo helming 42 of tupperware will be a tad more challenging.  Have you asked Richo's re the wet shed?

Tad more expensive than an outside mooring (Rightly so).  We've just renewed our yearly mooring fee and at 40ft the invoice came in at £2'640:00.  However there is F.W available to all berths and electric points. Storage space behind 'Your' berth,  Free parking, waste disposal, 'Security' - Ish.   You will also get a free all year round sprinkling of iron oxide, various bird poo and of course it leaks - Well it is a 'Wet' shed :default_laugh:

Griff

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, Regulo said:

Well, that's asking for trouble!

I thought that when I typed it :-)

7 hours ago, SteveO said:

Congratulations MM. If stuck, you could always try the place over on the other side of the river at Horning.  Good fishing and somewhere to watch the antics on Horning Staithe in relative safety. :default_biggrin:

That's a possibility. Do you have any contact details? and how do you get to it/where do you park?

6 hours ago, BroadAmbition said:

Congratulations, solo helming 42 of tupperware will be a tad more challenging.  Have you asked Richo's re the wet shed?

No, I may well do so.

11 minutes ago, MauriceMynah said:

I thought that when I typed it :-)

That's a possibility. Do you have any contact details? and how do you get to it/where do you park?

No, I may well do so.

You park behind the white coloured house in lower street and there are row boats in the slipway on the other side of the road.  

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Sam said:

If you can’t find anything in the north we are leaving our 42ft mooring in Brundall on the 24th. It’s a good mooring with all facilities but we wanted a garden.

I may have to go south it seems, so I'd be interested in more details please.

I had hoped to moor northside for at least a season to get used to solo helming 42' of grp. As Griff says, something of a challenge.

1 hour ago, MauriceMynah said:

I had hoped to moor northside for at least a season to get used to solo helming 42' of grp. As Griff says, something of a challenge.

I would have thought the wide open spaces of the south would be ideal. Lots of room for manoeuvre! 

1 hour ago, YnysMon said:

I would have thought the wide open spaces of the south would be ideal. Lots of room for manoeuvre! 

I once had a "Rag & Stick" merchant say to me...

"Anybody can sail a yacht across the North Sea, But if you can sail a yacht up the Ant on a Saturday afternoon at handover time, you can sail any damned boat anywhere in the damned world."

I seem to recall him not saying "Damned" but you get the gist. I suppose I'm using the same logic. I want to handle the boat in slackish waters first, then I'll get to grips with tides!

• Like 2

Guest Jayfire
27 minutes ago, MauriceMynah said:

I want to handle the boat in slackish waters first, then I'll get to grips with tides!

Solo helming my old 40ish foot boat, something about Nighttime Darkness or something, was made just as easy darn sarf Eminem as the gentle Norf just by using the tides as intended, they did half the job for you (as I know you're well aware)

One downside of the South however is that I may be returning down there to moor from next year so......:default_norty: