Moorings And Things.

MauriceMynah

Back in 2010 I moored at Bill maxted's yard in loddon for a few months (by arrangement of course not just squatting :default_blink:), maybe worth contacting him and see if he can help you out till you find something.

Downside of salt side of oulton is the lock very soon makes it pricey again.

The way things are panning out there won't be any pubs in a year or two.

I see the "Traditional English Pub" as no different to the British motor cycle, sports car, shipping, mining, machine tool, steel, textile and all the other lost industries.

49 minutes ago, ChrisB said:

The way things are panning out there won't be any pubs in a year or two.

I see the "Traditional English Pub" as no different to the British motor cycle, sports car, shipping, mining, machine tool, steel, textile and all the other lost industries.

But all the examples you have listed were replaced by cheaper foreign versions , yes in many ways inferior but the products themselves are still available .

The traditional pub is an institution and there are many such as myself that need to be institutionalised frequently and long may it be so .

Guest Jayfire
4 hours ago, CambridgeCabby said:

The traditional pub is an institution and there are many such as myself that need to be institutionalised frequently and long may it be so .

I'll drink to that. Then again, I'll drink to anything :default_drinks:

1 hour ago, StubbleStag said:

I'll drink to that. Then again, I'll drink to anything :default_drinks:

And I would raise a glass to you, if I knew who you are.

I realise that Social media means that one can post under a pseudonym and remain anonymous, if one does not have the confidence to be identified, when giving an opinion.

Your posts have been seen , for the first time,  over several threads over the last couple of days and yet your profile shows over 700 posts since you "joined" in April.

Another very well known member has just changed her "name" for very good reasons, and we all knew who she was anyway! So she was welcome to do so and had the courtesy to explain her reason to us.

Would you care to offer the same courtesy, and introduce your new identity to us, on the forum?

That way, your posts would have continuity, and would mean more to us, if we knew who we were talking to?

Guest Jayfire
2 minutes ago, Meantime said:

I had to make sure he'd spelt it correctly. Never was good with Welsh place names.

You mean like YnysMon??? Or is Anglesey even more difficult to spell?

Ask Helen :default_biggrin:

Still....I wonder if Eminem has sorted his mooring yet? I don't like detracting threads :default_smiley-angelic002:

Guest Jayfire
1 minute ago, Meantime said:

The compulsive need to keep adding to the jokes thread confirmed it for me, not to mention the need to frequent pubs as often as possible. Talk about a stereotype :default_biggrin:

I am what I am mate.

A hilarious alcoholic :default_rofl:

:default_hiding:

Guest Jayfire
2 minutes ago, Meantime said:

Oh God, once again I wish I hadn't asked. :default_rofl:

What did I just watch? Why were there random women walking babies in prams on the stage and why was I watching a group of women having a conversation mid way through a song :default_biggrin: