Just Spoken With Guys Hospital

Chelsea14Ian

Can you ring the hospital out of hours or your GP? It may be that under medical supervision you can increase the dose of your painkillers or be prescribed an alternative. If there is no out of hours service don't hesitate to dial 111 for advice Ian. 

I've  spoken as I said with nurse practitioner. On Antibiotics. I've reduced pain killers. When I came home.The hospital  gave me lots of meds.Just on paracetamol. Was on codeine. That makes me tried and a bit light headed.Don't want to  phone 111.Just hoping pain will decrease. 

• Like 1

You were probably given 30mg Codeine by the hospital, but you can get lesser strengths Ian. It might be worth asking your doctor for 15 or 16mg. My wife had the same problem after returning home from an operation. Her doctor prescribed half strength, which stopped the light headedness. 

For solid pills like Codeine, paracetamol etc you can buy "pill splitters" to neatly cut a pill in half. Thereby reducing the dose by 50%.

N&NUH gave me a combined splitter and crusher to be able to administer Judith's daily Chemo pills.

Went and got  Antibiotics from the dentist. Then went to A&E Queen Elizabeth hospital Woolwich. Had all my stats done. Thought they were going to keep me in.Was close .Seems a lot of my problem was the rash,which turns out to be shingles.Had IV Antibiotics, and tomorrow get some meds for shingles. Seems I getting all sorts of illnesses and diseases. Least  I know a bit more  now,hopefully things will get a bit better now.

• Sad 1

At least you’ve got a reason for how you’ve been feeling. That must be a relief in a way. I know someone else who had shingles earlier in the year and the doctors didn’t recognise it immediately because everyone was looking out for Covid. 

Hope you’re soon on the mend. 

• Thanks 1

Many that's.Talking  with Doctors  and the consultants yesterday, it explained  my downturn.Which was worrying. I was doing my exercises and walking doing well then since the weekend, my health started to go down hill.Had shingles when I was about  14 years old.They said it can return  which it has for me.Theres three things that perhaps helped shingles to get me.Infection due to my tooth, my operation and shingles  itself. Had a slightly better nights sleep.Think the I .V antibiotics helped.

• Like 3

I'm really sorry to learn that you've got shingles, that's just about as painful as it gets so I've heard. It often comes on through stress apparently . I was very glad to be offfered a vaccination against it a few years ago and our GP sent for Tony this week to have a jab for it  which he did.  Hoping you manage to get rid of it a.s.a.p.

Carole