Lots Of Questions.....from A Newbie

stonkn

Hi stonkn

While some others like to use the derogatory term 'bathtub' to describe the type of boat I have, let me assure you that fending off with boat hooks does not apply to private owners, as we would never do such a thing and no doubt you wouldn't either. I have never hit another boat, nor had to fend off due to my own manoeuvres. Stern on or sideways mooring is no problem.

Visibility on my type of boat is great for all on board. These craft also have fully usable enclosed accommodation from bow to stern and carry their full beam for the length of the boat and therefore tend to be much better appointed, as they have more space.

The final testimony is that to find such a craft to purchase, that is modern, with original gel coat, sliding roof and never hired, is very difficult, as in the brokers adverts they are as rare as rocking horse manure, and brokers often have a waiting list for them.

Well that should stir it up a bit :default_party0001:

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, PaulN said:

While some others like to use the derogatory term 'bathtub' to describe the type of boat I have,

I prefer to call it an affectionate term. Other than that, I think everything else you say is true. 🙂

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BroadAmbition said:

Well I for one do not use the term in a derogatory fashion, same applies for tupperware,  biodegradable and rag-n-stick

Mustn't forget MAFI's, stink-boats, pop-pops, fart boats, hullabaloos, gin-palaces and bling boats!

Well in June fingers crossed we are hiring a practical boat..  One with a slide down roof.. This is going to be a tester for us as we normally stick to one hire boat company with most of there boats with an 8ft 6 air draft..  Like the one will be having in September..

I must admit i do like the high up sitting position.. So in June weather permitting the roof will be down windscreen folded over... A nice low air draft..

We will be visiting places where we haven’t been before.. So practical before beauty for the first time... Also a tester for the future for when we eventually buy a boat... 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, annv said:

And Paul access under all bridges depending on beam, although a fly bridge princes is great on south rivers for the view over the marches it But it wont go anywhere else except to sea. John

A boatbuilder on the southern waters recently converted a flybridge on a Sealine to be lowered and raised very quickly, proper piece of work it was.

Hi Marco,like you we moved here 18 years ago and love it .we have had many boats in Forty years from a small Shetland with outboard ,a petrol Freeman then a Princess 30 all great in their own way but have had a Bounty 28 for 15 years now ,we realised we wanted  certain features which had to be a full size separate bedroom ,large shower,good gally,large windrow area with seating inside that could convert to  sleep two  and out side seating area and a sliding roof,which can be opened or shut in seconds .We have been to every corner of the Broads under all the bridges  and don’t feel that WE could have be better suited.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/03/2021 at 17:20, PaulN said:

Inboard diesel definitely

This might be of interest, I doubt if it will be available for long

https://www.norfolkboatsales.co.uk/inventory/?post=8813 

Hi stonkn, how are you getting on with finding a bot for this summer. I'm afraid the one at NYA that I said I doubted if it would be there long, has gone already.