The Latest Amended Broads Authority Guidance

Meantime

1 hour ago, marshman said:

For what its worth I would interpret a wet shed as "open air" as generally at least, one end would be open to the elements. If you are fortunate to be able to close it up completely, just open the doors!!!!

Sorry Marshman, my comment re 'wet sheds' was very tongue in cheek, just to demonstrate how fraught with problems trying to re-write the law is, as the BA seem to be trying to do. I shall be following the law set out by Government and approved by Parliament, so shall be using my boat and staying on board with my wife from 12th April, providing the dates don't change.

• Like 5

You needn't be, just come up with some new jokes!

It's the forum / girly friendly jokes I struggle to find.

White horse goes into a bar.

Landlord - Wow, a white horse, we don't get many of you in here,  White horse - Yes, heard it all before.  Landlord - we have a whiskey named after you btw.  White horse - Really ?   Eric ?

Anyroadup being onboard on my todd is fine with me, due to the guidelines I could only invite MrsG along with Purdey as not allowed mixing overnight with other households.  I could of course take Purdey dog but I'm gonna be proper busy and her next visit onboard will be her first one so need to be able to concentrate on her with my full attention to get her boat friendly / savvy.

It'll be a working three days for me but I fully intend to get 'B.A' out of t wetshed for an overnighter, probably on Barton Broad on t mudweight.

Griff

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

just a thought , from dusk on the 11th till dawn on the 12th IS technically classed as the night of the 11th, nowhere in the regs does it mention sleeping, only overnight stays

And here another 'thought'

Mon 12th April commences precisely at one second past midnight of the 11th, perfectly / correctly / 100%,  not dawn overcast or t'otherwise

As long as I'm onboard after 0001 on the 12th then as far as I'm concerned I am complying with guidelines, asleep, wide awake as makes no difference

Griff

• Like 2

Perhaps they are just doing their job. There are still other people who work on and around the river, people who live on their boats etc, some of whom may still need help, or guidance. Life on the rivers continues, even if it is at a quieter pace than normal.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Meantime said:

Perhaps they are just doing their job.

Indeed, by and large the Rangers are very definitely the good guys. I suspect that the moorings might also be having their final check prior to us lot blasting the spiders and other assorted livestock from out of our engine compartments. 

1 hour ago, Meantime said:

Perhaps they are just doing their job. There are still other people who work on and around the river, people who live on their boats etc, some of whom may still need help, or guidance. Life on the rivers continues, even if it is at a quieter pace than normal.

Give them a couple of weeks and they’ll be checking for tolls.............