Norfolk Broads Tea Towels

Sam

Guest Jayfire

Are these the sort of tea towels that actually dry pots, or the sort that becomes useless as soon as it sees a damp plate? 

Asking as the little lady might like a thoughtful gift 😇

Guest Jayfire
1 minute ago, Meantime said:

Wouldn't she prefer one of these? :409_wine_glass:

il_570xN.415647145_bfvn.thumb.jpg.60d6e57d3d796de491c1c4cb6c77c7c6.jpg

Err, the only "vignobles" she needs is "de Jay's" thank you very much Sir :default_norty:

20 minutes ago, SwanR said:

Bluebell that would drive me nuts as well. I couldn’t buy it with a spelling mistake. That’s a bit embarrassing for them. And should St Benet’s have an apostrophe?!

Mmm... the apostrophe thing is subject to much debate, I believe some (all?) local authorities stopped using them on road signs!

Oh dear, once you start looking a couple of other things come to mind. Wroxham is on the wrong side of the river plus no Chedgrave or Barton Turf - both much visited places. I’m not sure why Claxton has been included either. The tea towel is a nice idea though. 

I like the tea towel idea with the style of mapping and initially thought I might like a couple.  Those niggling issues are niggling though.  How are Acle and Gt Yarmouth bridges classed as 'Low'  The key symbols would have been better stating just  'Bridges'

Griff

You lot, honestly!

Search on St Bennets and when it says "results for St Benets" click underneath for "St Bennets" and you'll find quite a bit of stuff like this: https://www.artgallerysw.co.uk/product/st-bennets-abbey/

They're probably using all the old spellings and names?

The map is based on the London Underground style which itself is based on an electrical wiring diagram style. The stations on the underground map are on alternate sides of the line.

Just buy one and enjoy it! :default_smiley-char054:

• Like 9

21 minutes ago, floydraser said:

You lot, honestly!

Search on St Bennets and when it says "results for St Benets" click underneath for "St Bennets" and you'll find quite a bit of stuff like this: https://www.artgallerysw.co.uk/product/st-bennets-abbey/

They're probably using all the old spellings and names?

The map is based on the London Underground style which itself is based on an electrical wiring diagram style. The stations on the underground map are on alternate sides of the line.

Just buy one and enjoy it! :default_smiley-char054:

Couldn’t agree more. It’s a tea towel, it’s fun and I want one for my wall.

• Like 1

Many years ago Adnams did something similar on T and sweatshirts featuring obscure destinations like Swilland and Grundisburgh that featured a tied house - of course it became a route map for the local Triumph owners club on ride outs.

56 minutes ago, BroadAmbition said:

You lot, honestly!    Just buy one and enjoy it! 

That's me told :default_blush:   Quite right too!

Ok, sign me up, I'll order a couple, is it via FB?

Griff

Don’t think they’ve sorted out a ‘by post’ system yet. No doubt Clive will let us know.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...