Jemaki's Southern Jaunt..

1 hour ago, Jemaki said:

Norfolk Lady aka Mouldy and his better half made a fleeting visit, good to see you again and glad to hear the house move is all going to plan, enjoy your weekend 

John.

Thanks John.  Appreciate that.  I dare say we’ll bump into you again on our travels, hopefully moored up outside a pub!!

Enjoy your summer afloat! 😁

So after a great weekend at Beccles culminating in a brilliant BBQ with friends on two boats from Potter who also spent the weekend, we headed off on Tuesday towards Norwich and found ourselves in a fairly quiet Rockland St Mary where we had a few early doors then back for a home made burger. Next day after a leisurely cruise with the rising tide we found ourselves in Norwich Yacht Station, there were only 3 boats moored up but on the banks opposite were several gangs of 'lively' clearly inebriated youngsters who made leery comments and were playing loud music, this prompted us to turn and head back to Thorpe St Andrews where the bridge height was a healthy 7ft 2in. 

We moored on the green and as it was so hot we set off for the nearest hostelry, it was 5pm and when we entered the pub we were told in a rather dismissive manner that we could not have a drink as we had not pre booked, I asked if I could book a table (as there were clearly 7 empty tables in the beer garden) we got a curt NO then he turned and walked away, the interior tables were all empty! Have to say we won't 'Rush' back to that establishment. A few minutes walk up the village found us at the River Garden which was very busy but we found a table by the river. Something I have never seen before in a packed pub garden - Yoga classes! There were two 40 minute sessions under a gazeebo, with all that licra I didn't know where to look! We got chatting with the proprietor whom we recognised from his other pub - The Pleasurboat at Hickling which has not yet reopened, he invited us to moor on the beer garden today so that we could enjoy what looks to be a very good inexpensive food menu. We shall see what its like tonight, and then tomorrow we are just going to point the boat and see where we end up.

20210602_103822.jpg

20210602_191429.jpg

20210602_195927.jpg

20210603_083659.jpg

20210601_191512.jpg

Before tonight's mooring at the River Garden in Thorpe we have just had a little trip out up the Wensum past Norwich Yacht station where hire craft are prohibited, its a lovely quiet part of the river with just the odd canoe/paddle board, had a little heartbeat moment when turning around at the navigation limit, we momentarily got the prop caught on some thick weeds and we lost drive, as the tide was falling and running fairly briskly I put it into neutral and let the river drift us out of trouble...phew!....shopping at Morrison's then back to Thorpe.

20210603_115116.jpg

So.....it seems that things come in two's Simon, Eileen stepped of the boat tonight at 8pm to take Oscar dog for a wee....and promptly went over on her ankle, consequently we have an ambulance crew and the Coast Guard in attendance for a suspected broken ankle!...A&E here we come, could be a long night.

1 hour ago, Wussername said:

Where are you?

The paramedics and coastguards could not have been more helpful or patient, but after waiting unsuccessfully for 2hrs for an ambulance to become available my wife felt that she could not detain them any longer and opted to leave it overnight and see how it is in the morning. Should it still be as bad I will transfer her via taxi to A&E, she is dosed up with painkillers, I just need to avoid kicking her in the night...

We are in Thorpe St Andrews on the green.

5 hours ago, Jemaki said:

So.....it seems that things come in two's Simon, Eileen stepped of the boat tonight at 8pm to take Oscar dog for a wee....and promptly went over on her ankle, consequently we have an ambulance crew and the Coast Guard in attendance for a suspected broken ankle!...A&E here we come, could be a long night.

I hope Eileen is fit and well in the morning and it was only a very mild twist 

Hi John, I hope Eileen is going to be ok. If you need anything just waive frantically from the back of your boat and I’ll come over. We are Lady Linda opposite the church.

Colin and Ruth

32 minutes ago, CambridgeCabby said:

How is Eileens ankle this morning 

Morning Simon, I could ask the same of you? 🙂. Well, she is of the opinion that it is a sprain and wants to leave it a day or two to weigh it up, she is rather an expert on the matter as the pictures below show, its an earlier much more successful effort on her other ankle from 2015, this occurred the day before we were due to fly to Majorca for a week, getting up on a Saturday morning to make us a cup of tea in bed I heard what I thought was the start of the Eastenders theme...it turned out to be Eileen at the bottom of the stairs. She thanks everyone for there well wishes and I'll sign off for now as I have chores to attend to! 

John.

ps....In 2015 Carlisle Hospital diagnosed a dislocated ankle and tried on three occasions to 'pop' it back in, you could hear the screams on Teesside! it was at this point that they decided to x-ray it to discover all the bones were snapped.

20210604_092922.jpg

20210604_092859.jpg

20210604_092810.jpg

44 minutes ago, FairTmiddlin said:

Jemaki

You may want to either edit or remove the last two photos as they give your details very clearly to the public domain

Thank you for the heads up but we have moved a few times since then

John.

Eileen finally succumbed to the pain and is currently in the x-ray dept at Norwich Hospital. Getting her off the boat and up to the road to the taxi was a hurculean effort, something which we couldn't possibly have done without the crutches that were kindly loaned to us by Colin & Ruth (Islander) who are moored just over the way, thank you for that guy's. The hairaising ride to the hospital was 'interesting ' to say the least, Jensen Button would have been proud of the time trial achieved, it would have been quicker were it not for him almost coming to blows with a scooter rider whom the taxi driver thought was a bonnet badge!....Oh well, I've settled down for the wait - Cup of coffee and a crossword. 

Hi John. Keeping our fingers crossed here. The crutches are yours to keep if you wish as the NHS don’t seem interested. Will pop over and see you when you get back. If you don’t want to risk another taxi let me know or try  01603446644 or was that who you used.

Colin 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, CambridgeCabby said:

Hope all goes well and it is a simple bruising 

Confirmation of a double fracture, so plaster today and back to see a clinician to decide if they are going to plate it. So Simon, she can be the Bionic Woman to your Six Million Dollar Man!..Do they have disabled moorings at Ranworth on the taxi rank 🙂

24 minutes ago, Jemaki said:

Confirmation of a double fracture, so plaster today and back to see a clinician to decide if they are going to plate it. So Simon, she can be the Bionic Woman to your Six Million Dollar Man!..Do they have disabled moorings at Ranworth on the taxi rank 🙂

So sorry to hear this , hope she makes a quick recovery .

And yes I think a “blue badge” taxi rank mooring would be an excellent idea 

Wishing your wife a speedy recovery. 

1 minute ago, YnysMon said:

Sorry to hear of your wife's accident. Take care out there everyone...you know what they say about trouble coming in threes!

Lets count my fall a few weeks ago as the third one!  I was walking across the carpark at work when my ankle just went. I fell down in front of numerous staff and clients in full view of cctv also. So embarrassing and the pain made me feel quite sick and faint.  I tripped over thin air. No idea why it gave way. Still sore but ok.   So now Im classing myself as having the third ankle injury on the forum. No more injuries from now on please forum members! 

• Like 3