Do All Hiring Boats Underneath Cleaned

Andrewcook

Hi griff, if you search YouTube for waterside fishing adventures you should find the vid. If any member could add a link that would be great. It runs for approximately 27mins.I did find it a bit odd that anyone could just enter the shed. There were clearly folk in the shed working and you could hear a night heater running, but no one challenged him. Personally I don't feel he ment any harm but totally understand why folk could get upset. 

1 hour ago, grendel said:

does this person not understand that his video is evidence of unlawful trespass on private property against himself, perhaps that should be pointed out to him- I seem to recall he did originally promise to remove the video.

I think it's outrageous that he gives a commentary about where he is and referring to millions of pounds worth of boats, for every villain to watch. 

He goes into the wet shed commenting on the sign saying no fishing, oblivious to the fact that he is trespassing. He demonstrates his lack of boating skills by ramming the bank before entering the shed, passing extremely close to the bows of some lovely boats, though fortunately missing them.

The trouble is that trespass is not a criminal offence but rather civil, hence only an injunction can be applied for to stop further incursions. I'm not sure about the invasion of privacy by publishing on the internet would stand up. Can something be done to stop this guy?

• Like 1

Blimey calm down. To try and be a bit balanced here, I watched the vid again and I can't see any clear signage telling people to stay out, private property etc. I can see a big sign on the left stating no fishing there's a small faded sign above the entrance but I can't make out what it says. He clearly had permission to be in the basin, there's plenty of Richardson's staff about that could and I've no doubt would of challenged him if he wasn't meant to be there. So how is he trespassing?? Its down to the owners of the site to ensure the site is secure etc. I understand folks concerns, but how many kidds enter private dykes, moorings etc in dinghies when there not meant to, exploring during the summer. We did as kids. 

The sign above the entrance is clear when you see it via the naked eye.  It clearly states private and no entry & cctv.  A few boat owners have had their boats broken into and items stolen before now.  That understandably makes us nervous of non berth holders entering the shed when they have no business doing so, but then to film the whole lot and put out on the web for all to see is too much.

Owners taking photo's of their own boats in the wetshed and publishing them on the web is their own choice.

I can't remember this guy asking any berth holder if he could film , then broadcast it for all to see.  Just what part of 'Private' and 'No Entry' does he not understand? Obviously he thinks he his exempt

Griff

• Like 5

I totally get that griff and like I've said I understand the berth holders concerns. Personally I don't think he meant any harm, as for the signage I have to take issue with that. Its clear to your eye because you know its there, there's nothing wrong with my eye sight and I've just watched it again and I stand by what I've said. It's a very faded small sign just to its left is a much bigger sign about no fishing. Maybe I'm a bit nieve but I can't see what his done that's that wrong. The millions of pounds worth of Richardson's boats sitting about would be a much easier target for thief's. Let's face it cct is no deterrent now days. 

The no Entry sign is as clear as day right above ones head

The millions of pounds worth of Richardson's boats sitting about would be a much easier target for thief's. Let's face it cct is no deterrent now days. 

Really? - Those Richo's boats are on view for all to see so any would be thief will be seen by all and sundry around the place.

Inside the shed, once you are in there are no prying eyes, no neighbouring crews.   Richo's have set up a cctv system inside the shed.  We have set up our own independent cctv that protects us and our immediate neighbours (With their consent) that does give us peace of mind.  'B.A' also has her own onboard alarm system.  She has been boarded and items taken before now, not since we installed the alarm and cctv though.  We have never suffered any thefts outside of the wetshed (Other than our original mop that got swapped)

No matter what ones thoughts are on whether he did any harm or not  -  The wetshed is a private area with clear signage saying so

Filming then broadcasting the interior without permission is totally out of order.  Its akin to videoing the exterior of you  house / garden / garage / car etc without asking you then broadcasting the same on the web.  Makes 'Casing the joint' an armchair experience

Griff

• Like 4

I believe it is still against the law to take photographs without permission whilst on private property (different case if it can be seen from an area of public access)

There is no law preventing people from taking photographs in public. ... Taking a photo of a person where they can expect privacy, such as inside their home or garden, is likely to cause a breach of privacy laws.

http://www.photographers-resource.co.uk/photography/Legal/Access_Rights.htm#:~:text=There is no general restriction,property from a public place.

• Thanks 1

maybe the boat shed users should approach Richardsons to renew the signage and add photography to the restrictions specifically to avoid future repeats of this behaviour. or with Richardsons approval club together to get a sign made up stating such. yes its only a civil offence, but such notice would be enough to enforce action as removal of similar videos.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, BroadAmbition said:

Filming then broadcasting the interior without permission is totally out of order.  Its akin to videoing the exterior of you  house / garden / garage / car etc without asking you then broadcasting the same on the web.  Makes 'Casing the joint' an armchair experience

Griff

While I have every sympathy with you and would be equally annoyed that`s exactly what street view does albeit filming from a public place.

Fred

• Like 1

The guy clearly dosent understand how he is upsetting folk. How many of you have made that clear to him via his you tube channel  ?? I totally agree about the Sutton Staithe video, there are big clear signs telling you private property. In the wetshed case it isn't clear and that's my point, bloody big no fishing signs clear for all to see and a tiny fadded private property sign, ridiculous. Wonder how the would stand up in a court ?? I'm at ricko next week I'm gonna have a look for myself, at the signs that's is. 

• Like 1

Andyg - I have communicated with him directly months ago now when he first did this particular video so he knows full well - It was all over various FB Groups - He agreed to take them all down and edit out the wetshed part - which he did.  I thought the matter was closed - didn't realise it was still available on YT

Griff

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rightsaidfred said:

While I have every sympathy with you and would be equally annoyed that`s exactly what street view does albeit filming from a public place.

Fred - this is the crux of the matter, even google street view blanks out certain parts- like house names and faces (and garage contents if the doors are open), but the difference in law was that he entered the private place (which since he repeatedly said it was private - he well knew,) and filmed, if he had just filmed from the entrance that is permitted, but the entry counts as trespass, and the filming invasion of privacy. similarly it is the same under drone regulations, fine if filming is done from a public space, as soon as you cross the boundary of a property, then it becomes illegal.

if you are on private property, you either need the permission of the owners, and anyone filmed has to sign a acceptance clause before it can be published.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BroadAmbition said:

Andyg - I have communicated with him directly months ago now when he first did this particular video so he knows full well - It was all over various FB Groups - He agreed to take them all down and edit out the wetshed part - which he did.  I thought the matter was closed - didn't realise it was still available on YT

Fair enough griff, you have to agree its not clear though, the signage isn't very good at all. It would only be to easy to row in there unaware you was actually doing something wrong. Especially nowadays were it seems common sense is in short order. The guy clearly knew what he was doing at Sutton and that was wrong. I still believe he isn't deliberately trying to cause trouble, I just think his trying to entertain ppl, I'd be more worried about his skills at the helm, how he manages to hit the bank is beyond me..lol. as for the shed itself it doesn't look in great shape, they could clad it like they have done with the others, I'm sure they earn a fair few quid from the berths.