Antisocial Behaviors

Andrewcook

I bulk buy my fuel and did so just as Ukraine first kicked off before talks of shunning russian gas and oil, I didn't like the price quoted but bit the bullet as it was up by 10p/litre on the previous week and wanted to get in before the trend continued, 94p/litre don't seem so bad now and should do me for the year other than topups when down the coast which are going to hurt, makes the marine 16 worth adding.

Oops we seem to have gone from anti-social behaviour to fuel prices..

Yours sincerely.

Fred Drift.

I was a bit worried about the fuel gauge on Norfolk Lady. Β We have a small tank and it looks as if the fuel gauge is telling porkies, but to quell the nerves, I called into Hippersons to top up. Β GTL is Β£1.68 per litre there, compared to Broom’s outrageous price of Β£2.35.

Some fuel surcharge there!

5 hours ago, Mouldy said:

I was a bit worried about the fuel gauge on Norfolk Lady. Β We have a small tank and it looks as if the fuel gauge is telling porkies, but to quell the nerves, I called into Hippersons to top up. Β GTL is Β£1.68 per litre there, compared to Broom’s outrageous price of Β£2.35.

Some fuel surcharge there!

Dont tell everyone Mouldy - or there'll be none left for when I get backΒ :default_biggrin:

36 minutes ago, Andrewcook said:

Hi Karizma well this fuel Shortish is caused by these Environmental Activists and other problems don't help with this one hike.

Hope it settles down some time soon or we'll all be paying 'over the odds' ...... though I won't hold my breath for it ever coming back down.

1 hour ago, Andrewcook said:

Hi Karizma well this fuel Shortish is caused by these Environmental Activists and other problems don't help with this one hike.

There is absolutely no fuel shortage, no idea where you've got that from. This is blatant profiteering. There is no shortage of gas or electricity either. Its absolutely outrageous what is going on. Its the same situation with the big uk holiday companies that are inflating their tariffs. All benefitted from the vat breaks the furlough schemeΒ  etc etc. It's shocking, just wait and see what profits the big boys in the energy sector announce next April. We are being taken to the cleaners in this country, we are taxed on tax.Β 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, andyg said:

There is absolutely no fuel shortage, no idea where you've got that from. This is blatant profiteering. There is no shortage of gas or electricity either. Its absolutely outrageous what is going on. Its the same situation with the big uk holiday companies that are inflating their tariffs. All benefitted from the vat breaks the furlough schemeΒ  etc etc. It's shocking, just wait and see what profits the big boys in the energy sector announce next April. We are being taken to the cleaners in this country, we are taxed on tax.Β 

Whats going on at the moment is so blatant its akin to taking candy from a baby.Β 

• 1 month later...

As to The Q has pointed out in the Worcester new papersΒ  about a Canal Boat sunk at the LockΒ  due theses guysΒ  Stag do that is stupid and Dangerous to all on the water ways providing they have moored to which they were notΒ  as to those idiots on the Canals that got thrown off good job .and making sure they don't go any where any where on river Boating eitherΒ 

• Confused 1

Has anybody considered having a couple of jerrycans in the car and filling them with diesel at the roadside filling stations on every visit to the boat?

That's what I would do if I had a diesel boat. A top up at each visit to the boat should sort it out. I am sure ten gallons would be sufficient for anybody's weekend and If you are visiting the boat just to stay on it in the boatyard or just a bit down the river that would be a plus as the boat tank would slowly fill up with not too much effort.

I have to do that anyway with my petrol fuelled boat and do not find it a problem although it is only a couple of gallons at a time. Not many boatyards stock petrol anyway.

Β 

I bought 20 litres up with me from my local Asda at Β£1.72 per litre, of course the sign states 10 litre metal cans or 2 5 litre plastic. I have just topped up water rail to full, so running down the waveney mostly against the tide, crossing breydon on the ebb, and then running up the bure against the tide to stracey, then up to potter against the tide next morning, then all the cruising for the meet, and up to coltishall, has used just 20 litres