Favourite Time

Gracie

I know how you feel Ray. I’m slightly more tuned in nowadays (again apologies to Monica) but the first year or so after joining the forum I found it really difficult. I did actually start a spreadsheet to try to keep tabs on forum names, real names and boats. It was (and still is occasionally) bewildering.

Maybe we need a forum guide to who’s who. (Only joking!)

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Wonderwall said:

My favourite time is actually that first cruise out the boatyard.

I'm almost with you there, except that mine is once I've done the first mooring and got sat down with my first cup of coffee.

Other than that, give me the early mornings every time. Beautiful light, calm waters, and an hour or two to cruise before a lot of folk have got underway.

• Love 2

I love crossing Breydon when it's choppy but equally love it when it's like a mill pond, it's so peaceful too. Neil is right of course, that first cruise out of the boatyard is just the best feeling. The zig zagging normally stops by the time I get to Ludham Bridge thankfully :facepalm:

Grace  (Or am I  Monica. Helen, Jean. Sorry Ray, couldn't help myself) :default_biggrin: x

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Gracie said:

Grace  (Or am I  Monica. Helen, Jean. Sorry Ray, couldn't help myself) :default_biggrin: x

I shall just call everyone Dave... except Dave of course! 😁

(Today I met Dave and her husband Dave aboard their lovely boat Dave... this is going to work! 😂 )

• Haha 4

Definitely the early mornings. We are usually cruising by 8 and the rivers are usually quiet even in peak season.

One favourite moment that will always stand out for us was the first cruise after we were released from lockdown 1. It was only a day trip but we both got quite emotional as we left the marina after months away and also relief the boat was ok 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ray said:

I shall just call everyone Dave... except Dave of course! 😁

(Today I met Dave and her husband Dave aboard their lovely boat Dave... this is going to work! 😂 )

Unless he’s called Rodney!!  🤣:default_rofl:

• Haha 3

On 23/10/2022 at 17:16, Ray said:

I shall just call everyone Dave...

For many years when I was racing on Wandering Rose that's exactly what we did! Everybody had their "Dave" name. I was "Unfeasably Small Car Dave." (I was driving a Smart Roadster at the time). My son (who really was called Dave) became "Hungry Dave." We also had "Chardonnay DAve," "Female Dave," "Skipper Dave" and several other Daves. I can't now remember how it all started.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Andrewcook said:

My favourite time is when I'm down  on the A12 going to the Norfolk Broads and on the Boat but when it's time I just don't want to be going Home back on the A12

Problem solved ... move to Norfolk and avoid the A12 completely. :default_rofl:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1