Favourite Time

Gracie

I've just been looking at the web cams while having my morning coffee, it's very damp and misty at the moment, I just love that first thing in the morning before it even gets light, seeing the mist over the water, sitting with a coffee waiting for the day to break. I also love dusk when everything starts to quieten down and if there's been good sunshine during the day watching that sunset. I seem to have no problem getting the children up on a boat either :default_biggrin:

Apart from all of the time, is there a special time of day for you guys? x

• Like 9

8 minutes ago, Gracie said:

I've just been looking at the web cams while having my morning coffee, it's very damp and misty at the moment, I just love that first thing in the morning before it even gets light, seeing the mist over the water, sitting with a coffee waiting for the day to break. I also love dusk when everything starts to quieten down and if there's been good sunshine during the day watching that sunset. I seem to have no problem getting the children up on a boat either :default_biggrin:

Apart from all of the time, is there a special time of day for you guys? x

:default_beerchug:  Pension payment day!!!

• Haha 2

I do like a good summertime sunset, sunrise is good but, apart from winter, it entails getting out of bed far too early for my liking... :default_yawn:

I normally sit in the cockpit with a beer, red wine or whisky depending on my mood and the drinks cabinet contents!

image.thumb.png.a07af8e540239f6e2b772e5fa7e74cf1.png

image.thumb.png.0f13b6f28fee79561b1d32ac1e17bacb.png

image.thumb.png.5cf063372152ca11b64c676efa861f76.png

• Like 2
  • Love 1

20 minutes ago, NeilB said:

I do like a good summertime sunset, sunrise is good but, apart from winter, it entails getting out of bed far too early for my liking... :default_yawn:

I normally sit in the cockpit with a beer, red wine or whisky depending on my mood and the drinks cabinet contents!

image.thumb.png.a07af8e540239f6e2b772e5fa7e74cf1.png

image.thumb.png.0f13b6f28fee79561b1d32ac1e17bacb.png

image.thumb.png.5cf063372152ca11b64c676efa861f76.png

Sounds wonderful.       Dont think I could manage sunrise though but sunset and I am with you.      

• Like 1

Think mornings are best.Most of my working  life, I was up early.It tends to be quiet ,this time of year as Grace said a little  bit misty.The sun on cobwebs.Nice in the summer when it's warm.The winter that cold crispy feeling warming up with a hot drink.I do like the seasons,it makes things interesting. Years ago we went to America in February. In Vegas it was 25c,we left our Hotel 25c.We traveled to the Grand Canon it was -5c.Now that was strange  

• Love 1

It's a hard one as it's in the past. Sitting on WR or with friends on rafted boats nearby at Barton.  Enjoying a drink, a shared meal and the relative peace and quiet of a Broadland evening.  Or moored at Thurne watching a Barn Owl hunt over the marshes. Or a murmuration of Starlings at How Hill or hearing the bittern booming in the early hours whilst on 3RRs guard ship or...

I have the photos...

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Shall we all this evening ,  pour ourselves a glass of whatever ,  close our eyes and imagine that we are at our favourite spot on the Broads.        Just had a thought , they put the clocks back tonight , so goodnight to light evenings, roll on 21st December when they start drawing out again.

:default_drink_2::default_drink_2::default_drink_2::default_drink_2:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

13 minutes ago, Hylander said:

Shall we all this evening ,  pour ourselves a glass of whatever ,  close our eyes and imagine that we are at our favourite spot on the Broads.        Just had a thought , they put the clocks back tonight , so goodnight to light evenings, roll on 21st December when they start drawing out again.

Why imagine?

20221022_155752.thumb.jpg.3be927dec93fd07bf27e607ea1e28689.jpg

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Hylander said:

:default_beerchug:  That wine must have been stronger than you thought?!  Cheers.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Hylander said:

A lovely post Monica or are you Helen :default_biggrin: Seriously though, a gorgeous post and a ruddy good idea x