Stolen Boat From Loddon

jezhickling

So sorry to read this morning that a boat has been stolen and feel so sorry for the owners, I hope it is okay to post on here as just trying to help them recover her.

The details I have are,

It was stolen sometime from the 28 th Dec… It was tied up in Loddon, Norwich,Norfolk.

There have been reports it’s was seen in the reeds near Cantley on the factory side.

I don't know any other details but thought it may help by posting on here. Also may highlight the risk of theft.

The listing was on a Facebook page but should anyone have any information I guess you should inform the police.

Regards

Jeremy

image.thumb.png.41579f76247189872d5c371e4bdbf4c8.pngimage.thumb.png.e325b8ac56f3d26dc716cedeab03d34a.png

On other waterways forums. 'Stolen boat' threads are often ignored. Sometimes they are sales which have gone wrong (bounced cheque) or sometimes people trying to track down someone who doesn't want to be found. A very sad reflection on current society and no good if your boat has genuinely been stolen.

• Sad 1

Sometimes the old methods are the best. A hire boat was stolen from a midlands canal yard. This was pre Internet and pre GDPR. So the owner took the hand written booking form and headed off to British Waterways head office. There they were given all the hand written licence applications from around the time of the theft. A bit of a slog later and a handwriting match was found and the boats new identity and location found. A couple of lads from the yard were dispatched to the towpath to confirm the identity of the boat and with the assistance of the local police arrests were made and the boat recovered. Very effective.

To my knowledge no hire boat has ever been stolen and not recovered - unless you know otherwise...

16 minutes ago, Vaughan said:

Is it being sold with a mooring?

:default_coat:

Might be. On the Taxi Rank at Ranworth two days ago. A well sort after mooring. All mod cons. Toilets on site. Nice pub across the road. Electricity. Water. Post Office. Cafe. General stores, and gift shop. Art Gallery. Boat trips round the broad. Manicured grass area courtesy Steve and his sit on mower. 

Interested parties must love ducks, an Egyptian goose that thinks its a duck, BA quay wardens and  boring old visitors (me).

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

21 hours ago, marshman said:

Doesn't your bank accept photos of cheques to be paid in?

I would not know how to do all this as will never put banking on my mobile phone.   It is bad enough having to use on line banking on a desk top but I just cannot trust a phone.   

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, ranworthbreeze said:

Sorry I would not use my phone for any form of banking.

I use my phone all the time for personal Banking, running 2 businesses and as the treasurer for the Moonlight Shadow Syndicate

Find it safe, secure and extremely convenient

I rarely have cash on me, or my bank cards as I tend to make payments via my phone also

I love modern tech!

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Tempest said:

I love modern tech

Me too, no wallet, cards or cash 👍

My phone unlocks with biometrics, then I need my fingerprint again for the app followed by a 2nd stage code to confirm a transaction.

• Like 2