De Jar Vu

Hylander

You've gotta be kidding me really?  I thought it was sorta getting back to normal?

I'm due to be afloat from this evening, need to get under Ludham bridge tomorrow ideally without taking the top down at 7ft7"  Mooring up without having to wear wellies would be good too.  Was hoping to get under Wroxham bridge too (Astern!)

Griff

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, BroadAmbition said:

You've gotta be kidding me really?  I thought it was sorta getting back to normal?

I'm due to be afloat from this evening, need to get under Ludham bridge tomorrow ideally without taking the top down at 7ft7"  Mooring up without having to wear wellies would be good too.  Was hoping to get under Wroxham bridge too (Astern!)

Griff

I think its near enough 6ft under the bridge at present

image.thumb.png.d8708ce2441f1ec5e816c718e1065533.png

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, BroadAmbition said:

Griff

I have only seen the 6ft marker on Wroxham bridge once this week. Currently showing 5ft 9ins.

• Sad 1

I came along The Coast Road, through Walcott around 1640hrs, so about predicted High Water. Driving it was not spray, you were taking proper " Green-uns" . 

I have not seen that since the sandscaping in 2019.

3 hours ago, BroadAmbition said:

Griff

Good luck, you’ll make the best of it as usual. Hope all is well…😎

• Thanks 1

So apologies if the last post didn't make alot of sense - I have been doing some videography at Surlingham today and this 'prestige hire boat' came barreling through, dangerously very fast and pushing a half decker ashore - the person across the river had a few choice words also - not least, at the time, a friend was wading back to their boat - this was not just irresponsible and causes damage, but causing fast moving water enough to sweep someone off their feet. Words absolutely fail me.

New Movie (5).Movie_Snapshot.jpg

New Movie (7).Movie_Snapshot.jpg

Looking at that submerged quay heading on the right its not beyond possibility that the inexperienced could run in to it.  Even without the flooding slowing down past moored boats should go without saying.  

When we moored on the river at the WRC it was very common having boats going by within 20ft and at full throttle, it could be very irritating.