Balmy

NorfolkNog

33 minutes ago, BroadAmbition said:

We have woken up to snow up here in Donny - The first time in years.  Its the proper stuff too, not that much, only about two inches but it is definitely snow.  Purdey dog is now 3 1/2 and this is the first time she has experienced it.  Her first walk today will be interesting

Griff

Have fun.     

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Broads01 said:

Booking ahead so the crowds ahead of you don't take up all the space 🙂?

Booking ahead I should imagine to make sure that that Yacht Station hasn't been closed along with everything else.  Long way to go to find it shut.    I just wish the web cam was still up and running on The Wherry.   Oh for the good old days.

• Like 3

Good to see you back on the Broads Mr and Mrs Nog. I'm slowly catching up having been away for a few days.

That photo from Ranworth. Hopefully the temporary fencing around one of the water hoses means that the BA are going to fix it. Last time we were there it was leaking from several holes, so by the time the water got to the end of the hose there wasn't much to speak of. Doh!

• Like 1

You know how it is, you get back to your boat planning a nice quiet evening only to discover you're moored next to 'the party boat'. Loud music, louder voices, the constant rattle of glasses being refreshed, the dancing..... 

IMG_20231204_201502721_MFNR.thumb.jpg.d3d243b279d98249086f570e4dedd780.jpg

:facepalm:

:default_biggrin::default_biggrin::default_biggrin:

Edited by JanetAnne
  • Haha 11

5 hours ago, YnysMon said:

That photo from Ranworth. Hopefully the temporary fencing around one of the water hoses means that the BA are going to fix it. Last time we were there it was leaking from several holes, so by the time the water got to the end of the hose there wasn't much to speak of. Doh!

Never mind the ruddy hose!  Wonder when they plan to fix the damaged quay heading.  I guess that may be on hold until they find out if their toll increase will go through following the intervention of the local MP’s and other objections.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, YnysMon said:

In case you hadn't heard, BA originally said they were upgrading one at a time to avoid interruption of supply - but then made an update saying they couldn't cut supplies off individually, so had cut off both. Last update was "We hope this will only be for the next few days but will issue an update in due course" but that was 6 days ago.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, dom said:

In case you hadn't heard, BA originally said they were upgrading one at a time to avoid interruption of supply - but then made an update saying they couldn't cut supplies off individually, so had cut off both. Last update was "We hope this will only be for the next few days but will issue an update in due course" but that was 6 days ago.

Well, at least they are doing something about it. When we were last there the ‘Mrs Grinch’ in me commented to Graham that the BA probably wouldn’t bother fixing it until the spring. That’s me proved wrong. 

Just hope the "few days" turning into 6 doesn't indicate a more significant issue. More orange flood warnings again today, so it's important people can get water in places where it's actually possible to moor without needing waders!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, JanetAnne said:

You know how it is, you get back to your boat planning a nice quiet evening only to discover you're moored next to 'the party boat'. Loud music, louder voices, the constant rattle of glasses being refreshed, the dancing..... 

IMG_20231204_201502721_MFNR.thumb.jpg.d3d243b279d98249086f570e4dedd780.jpg

:facepalm:

:default_biggrin::default_biggrin::default_biggrin:

Ha ha! Thought we might have gone in-noticed!! :default_norty:

We always ring ahead to OBYS more out of courtesy really so the guys know to expect us. They're always really helpful and even got an extension hose for us as one of the taps isn't working, now I know who broke it :default_norty:

Yes, Beccles on train and friends very kindly gave us a lift to the excellent Green Dragon in Bungay and of course the excellent Caxton Club. So all in all a very enjoyable day hence the quiet at Nog Towers. 

Early start again today as we head up the Yare. Is it ever going to stop raining? 

DSC_7843.JPG

• Like 7

8 hours ago, dom said:

Just hope the "few days" turning into 6 doesn't indicate a more significant issue.

I’m sure I read somewhere on a broads briefing note that it would take two weeks, one week for each to ‘replace connections’. I commented to Tony at the time that a week to change a connector and fit a new hose seemed rather a long time. So I assumed there was a bit more involved than that! But sounds like it’s still on their original time schedule.

• Like 1

Sorry Dom, I should have read your post more carefully. 
The original posting from the BA on 22nd November did indeed say two weeks, one week for each hose. 
And then the update 6 days ago was as you wrote. 

So I see now where you got the ‘few days turning into 6’ from. 

• Like 2