Balmy

NorfolkNog

35 minutes ago, Broads01 said:

I assume you moored at Salhouse earlier, Howard. Any other hire boats there?

Nope :default_biggrin:

I could count the fingers of one hand the number of any boats we've seen on the move this week. Not seen one hire boat anywhere. Peaceful bliss. Highly recommended Simon :default_beerchug:

• Like 4
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, Jbx5 said:

0E9E30F3-6005-4407-B7F4-D84872588976.jpeg

8B795B6E-DAA5-405D-846E-7063C2E6899D.jpeg

Nice to see the old bell back open. 

do you know if the bowling green behind/next to it is still used just asking as my grandad used to be the green keeper in the 50/60s when he and my mum lived in the village. 

1 hour ago, Roy said:

Nice to see the old bell back open. 

do you know if the bowling green behind/next to it is still used just asking as my grandad used to be the green keeper in the 50/60s when he and my mum lived in the village. 

No Roy it’s not been used for a bowling green for at least  25 years as I know.

John

1 hour ago, NorfolkNog said:

Red Lion :default_beerchug: when Mrs Nog has finished with the 2p pushers :default_norty:

We stayed in one of the turret rooms in the Red Lion some years back on a wander from pub to pub along the Norfolk Coast. We ended up at the Christmas show at Thursford. Red Lion had both decent food and ale.

• Like 4

An amazing photograph. I have never witnessed the like. However when I was a young boy we were never told, or would see photographs. No TV, no internet, of little importance. It happened and had no impact, presumably they just got on with it. 

It was a natural phenomenon throughout Broadland. The Thorpe marshes, Acle marshes, Beccles marshes, Geldeston marshes.........flooded. 

• Like 5

14 hours ago, Hylander said:

:331_white_sun_rain_cloud:  :343_wind_blowing_face:  :348_umbrella:   Good old easterly blowing tonight.   Hang on to your hat.   Is it me or is the flooding of the fields at Potter getting worse.

I stand corrected , Management here tells me that it was a South Westerly and not an Easterly.     Just as well and may be the Broads will start to recover.

• Like 1