Somewhere To Watch The Euro 24 Football On The Broads, Who Has A Television?

troggy

17 hours ago, OldBerkshireBoy said:

Are you staying on the north rivers?

Im picking the boat up from Herbert Woods but were planning on going to the south so it's ok if the TV is in the south.

Fancy going on a holiday on the river and worrying about missing the football - I would be more worried that I might miss a bittern flying nearby!!!

Takes all sorts though, I accept!!!!!

• Like 4

15 hours ago, marshman said:

Fancy going on a holiday on the river and worrying about missing the football - I would be more worried that I might miss a bittern flying nearby!!!

I couldn't agree more!.....however......the football will be on bbc and itv. You can watch it on the boat.

• Like 2

I'm not a football fan by any means but watching in the pub has numerous benefits apart from the obvious. Not only is it socialable, it supports our struggling pubs, supports local jobs and hopefully if you drink some of the excellent local ales such as Winters, Tindalls, Humpty Dumpty, Moongazer, Grain, Lacons etc you are supporting local breweries too! Cheers! :default_beerchug:

• Like 6

I'll be watching the footie with my dad and boys. If the England games fall on the right days and times we may go to our local to watch, supporting our pub and our national team. Although I would prefer a Broads pub of course

I know they are a bunch of overpaid, egotistic pretty boys and I understand a lot of people get frustrated that it's on almost every channel and would rather watch paint dry but it does bring people together and great conversations in the pub.

You could always watch the soaps, gosh, I'd rather watch paint dry :default_biggrin:

Come on England! 

Grace x

• Like 2

On the South, oulton broad, Beccles, Brundall , Norwich, Loddon, Reedham, Burgh  Castle and I would imagine Cantley will all have pubs which will show Scotland winning the Euros. 

😋

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

55 minutes ago, Wonderwall said:

On the South, oulton broad, Beccles, Brundall , Norwich, Loddon, Reedham, Burgh  Castle and I would imagine Cantley will all have pubs which will show Scotland winning the Euros. 

😋

I take you heard the thing on the radio about magic mushrooms the other day then..... :default_smiley-taunt014:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 01/05/2024 at 15:35, marshman said:

I've been on a different boat on the broads for the last 3 years, and it's only one match.  Some pubs have only got about 5 people in them or close at 10pm in June.   Wanting to see the football is more nuanced in reasoning   

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Wonderwall said:

😋

And 3-2-1 you're back in the room. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 01/05/2024 at 15:35, marshman said:

I would spend more time working out how i could avoid a pub showing the football to be honest- and no TV on the boat- bliss.

• Like 1