First Stepps

Mouldy

1 hour ago, FairTmiddlin said:

I can see Nitromors dividends going sky high stripping those cabinet doors :default_biggrin::default_blush:

Depends on what they are made of as Nitromors could do a lot of damage. Could replace the doors and drawers if they are standard size or perhaps give them to one of the local kitchen refurb guys for spraying to get a good finish.

• Like 1

We’re just back from an incredibly busy weekend! Β I am absolutely Kerry Packered! Β All our possessions have been transferred from NL to Tarr Stepps and stowed. Β We cleaned out the cupboards on NL, vacuumed her through, said our goodbyes and dropped the keys and a file of essential information round to NYA.

We had to go to Norwich for some more pillows, before returning to the yard, fairly exhausted from the day’s efforts. Β I’d intended to put a casserole into the slow cooker at around 11:00, but only remembered when it was far too late to put it on, so it was off to The White Heron for dinner.

The pub seemed quite busy and I was concerned that there might be a significant wait for food, but we made our choices from the new menu and it wasn’t long before the starters appeared. Β We both had leek and potato soup followed by steak and ale pie with mash, veg and gravy. Β It was very enjoyable, more so because I hadn’t had to cook it!

We had intended to return home this morning, but whilst Deb was out with Harley, I had a scratch at some of the dark blue paint with my finger nail. Β It didn’t put up much of a fight, so I decided to break out the sander and make a mess! Β Guess who’d forgotten the dust sheets!πŸ€¦πŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ. It wasn’t long before our boats clean interior was covered in a layer of dust!

With the carcass of the unit stripped of the paint, it was time for a visit to Norwich again, only this time to B&Q. Β Varnish purchased, it wasback to the boat, where Deb had been busy with the vacuum cleaner.

Two coats of Ronseal’s finest later, the unit was looking far better (in our opinion). Β I need to apply a couple more coats, but I’m very pleased with how it has turned out. Β New doors will be ordered as soon as I receive the colour swatches to choose the most appropriate finish.

We finally left the marina at about 16:30, arriving home about 40 minutes later, tired but extremely happy, still not believing our good fortune.

I could never have dreamt of owning a boat like Tarr Stepps, but sometimes, just sometimes, the unimaginable happens!

Β 

IMG_3556.jpeg

IMG_3565.jpeg

IMG_3566.jpeg

IMG_3533.jpeg

IMG_3557.jpeg

IMG_3564.jpeg

IMG_3528.jpeg

IMG_3567.jpeg

IMG_3535.jpeg

IMG_3560.jpeg

• Like 16

1 minute ago, Ray said:

You've done a great job Malc, she looks great and btw, you absolutely deserve such a beautiful craft, well done mate πŸ‘ 🍺

Thanks Ray! Β Looks like I’m buying when we eventually meet up!Β :default_wink::408_beers:

• Like 2

That looks to be very attractive and comfortable boat.Β  I wish you manyΒ  happy years cruising her. I well remember when we swopped boats. We were moored at Sheerline. We had bought their 1050 aft cabin from them and theyΒ  had taken our 950 in part exchange. It was a wet Saturday morning andΒ  we mooredΒ  the boats stern on toΒ  each other.A chain was formed with Tony ,James Applegate and myself. We had packedΒ  everything in large bags which made the transfer relatively easy. We cruised back to our mooring at Brundall Bay where we spent a tiring but thoroughly enjoyable day putting everything in it's place. That evening, we invited the people in the next door berthΒ  aboard for a promised tour. They arrrived with a bottle of bubbly which was enjoyed by us all. This happened in 2010. Happy times.

Β 

Carole

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Nice one! Congratulations on your new boat. Lucky that blue paint came off so easily as well.

It's a clever design on those Diamonds. The sit/stand helm makes a lot of sense and the split canopies are very flexible in terms of shielding from the wind etc.

Aquafibre mouldings are infinitely better built than Alphacraft, too.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, oldgregg said:

Β . . . . . . . Lucky that blue paint came off so easily as well.

Just need to repeat the process on the galley cupboards now. Β Fortunately , the wife has volunteered Β to do those fancy trims on the ends of the shelves. Β It’s likely that they wouldn’t survive my attention trying to get the paint off. Β We will be ordering new doors - just need to decide on a colour. Β I can say, without fear of contradiction, that they won’t be dark blue

IMG_2495.thumb.jpeg.e0afc82841000f7abbfd291a17c9f471.jpeg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, OldBerkshireBoy said:

Would be easier to sand those rails once removed so unless they are glued on those rails have screw fixings from below the shelves.

I have a nasty feeling that they’re glued on. Β I forgot to have a look when we were there over the weekend. Β I’ve got to come up on Thursday and we’ll be back on Saturday after I’ve had my β€˜flu jab to do a bit some more over the weekend. Β I should have plenty of time for further investigation and rubbing them down will keep the wife quiet anyway!Β :default_hiding:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1