Just been on the Oulton Broad & Wroxham webcams

ranworthbreeze

I have just looked at the Oulton Broad & Wroxham webcams to get my daily fix of the Broads.

At Oulton Broad it is raining again, overcast, Wroxham is somewhat better, people about in shorts etc but the sky is looking threatening. Hight of summer or what!

Even with the dull weather I would still prefer to be on the Broads than in my windowless office.

Regards

Alan

• Like 1

Don't worry Alan, next week when yo look on the Oulton Web Cam it will be filled with wall to wall sunshine.

Dave :party1:  cheersbar

Ooh I do hope so! Picking up Golden Emblem on Saturday! Aiming to be in (actually on)  Oulton Broad Monday!

• Like 1

I'll have you know summer is just beginning!  If you're out on the water next week, may I recommend the southern rivers.  At your own peril venture north, where close to 40 disadvantaged kids from Birmingham will be learning to sail on board ten of Percy Hunter's finest yachts, nine of which will be skippered by a responsible adult.  The tenth unfortunately has me as skipper ... so keep clear :Sailing .  Don't say you weren't warned! 

• Like 3

We are back up next weekend on Sweet Kingfisher.

(Friday 22nd very late though (Coldham hall, yare pub or surlingham broad) -> Loddon Saturday (hopefully) -> Sunday walk round norwich, Overnight Rockland - Monday Brundall and home).. 

Give us a wave if anyone sees us

(P.s.. It's been may years since we done august bank holiday.. is it going to manic?)

Hi Dave,

Is that wishful thinking?

Do you happen to know anyone who might be on the Broads next week :naughty:

Regards

Alan

Alan, Hi

We'll be out on Tuesday, arriving Beccles Wednesday. Then OBYS over the weekend for a wedding reception and slowly back to Brundall by the following Wednesday.

We'll have burgees and stickers onboard for any peeps who want them!  :wave

• Like 2

We are picking up Swan Rapture on Friday, and heading north on Saturday until Wednesday so here's hoping for fine weather for our first Breydon crossing.

Jim

Hi Jim,

Enjoy the crossing, if you follow all the good info available it will be a breeze. Just remember when turning left into the Bure keep to the right of the Yellow Post!!

Have a great holiday, and put a write up, and some picies later on here. :)

cheers Iain.

It was a spectacular sky over Oulton Broad this afternoon with an awesome thunderstorm over to the West, then it closed in on the Broad and the heavens opened, and I got soaked! Great being out there until it turned to sleet & that stung! As the sun set the Carlton Marshes were covered in a low lying mist and a mist started to rise off the Broad. Might be worth getting up early to see if there is a misty sunrise.

• Like 2

I`l be going to work tomorrow, but Saturday, i`m going back to work :cry :cry :cry :cry .

I`l be thinking of all you lot afloat and enjoying yourselves, but i bet you won`t be thinking of me slaving away in a dusty old hanger?.   Well, alright, not slaving away, but busy nonetheless.

Whilst the rest of the fleet will be rushing around like there is no tomorrow!

Just incase no one knows it's Oulton Broad Regatta next week.

Oh does that mean lots n lots of these things? :Sailing  :Sailing  :Sailing  with lots of these :Stinky  :Stinky  :Stinky  trying to avoid them :naughty:  :naughty:

cheers Iain.

• Like 2

This year I will (should) be helming my own boat in the evening cruiser race, I have only helmed anything once this is why I may be a moving obstacle if I manage to get moving!

This development is due to the top bit of the stick bit on the shared boat falling off last week at Breydon...

the rest of the week I will be crew on a friends white boat

• Like 2