another defector!

watershed

Once again.. welcome to everyone on here.. (Personally I enjoy both forums (I do)).. is it the time to move on now and talk about all the positive parts of the broads .. everyone I've ever met in Norfolk is truly lovely and friendly which is why we all choose to spend so much time up there (and you lucky ones who live up there!)... I'm not trying to moderate or anything, I can see it's clearly a very unfortunate issue but lets be positive now :)

• Like 5

I think the foundation on which this thread and the forum as a whole has been built is "Good will and good intention"

Yes sometimes things go a little wayward, they always will, then suddenly a post like Soundings comes along and we all sit up and straighten ourselves out. JOB DONE!!!

To Soundings I say, I don't think anyone here has the INTENT of you speak, at least, I ruddy well hope not!

• Like 3

No doubt you are right MM. But looking at it from the point of view of the newcomers it is probably not how it comes across, intentionally or otherwise. Anyway as you say...JOB DONE! And I am now shutting up as I will be guilty of that which I am moaning about :-)

Yes,  inter-forum denigration leaves a sour taste in the long run.

I know I'm guilty as well, it was difficult to not respond to the miss-informed comments.

There used to be a habit of not even mentioning other "competing" forums, maybe even that was better.....

Yes,  inter-forum denigration leaves a sour taste in the long run.

I know I'm guilty as well, it was difficult to not respond to the miss-informed comments.

There used to be a habit of not even mentioning other "competing" forums, maybe even that was better.....

Quite right, Strowager. Best just to keep quiet about the past and concentrate on becoming a respected member over here. Somewhat against human nature, though!

Having read and re read this thread, and all comments made, you will aways have differences of opinion, its the nature of the human beastie. 

By all means discus, but please this is the "Friendly Forum" and wish it to remain so. What has been said elsewhere should not carry on here please.

Yer Baby Mod,

Iain.

• Like 11

Whoops.Seems I've (accidentally) trodden on toes already and I've only been posting for a day! The thread title was 'tongue in cheek' and not meant to open another can of worms.Please accept my humble apologies,I'll play nicely now.

• Like 3

I would like to welcome all new members wherever they are from and hope you enjoy the site, I always try to  remember the words of Shakespeare before hitting the post button.

Good name in man or woman dear my lord, is the immediate jewel of their souls,

He who steals my purse, steals trash, twas something, tis nothing, twas mine tis his, and has been slave to thousands,

Yet! he who filches from me my good name, robs me of that which not enriches him, yet makes me poor indeed.

• Like 5

There is a lot of very good decent people between the forums and that should always be remembered ,personally I don't feel like a defector and I did not feel the need to come here and reinvent myself .......I was also very grateful for the warm welcome I got here ,my sentiments are up there with Strowys more so after years of being on hand when the forum need financial help......I was not happy so very quietly I left

broads forums should be informative about the area and what folk are doing - if you truly love the broads and surrounding area encouraging and backing local businesses should be at the fore front in your mind ,and I hate to say it but the other forum is almost cancer like to that ,and there is nothing wrong in a serious debate conducted with respect rather than fanning the flames .........and they are out there

finny these days stays away from the verbal handbag scraps - I find I enjoy more ........I also likes a bit of humour ......even though it can be a bit thin on the ground with some

thanks for everything

Finny XXXX ( see I even give you kisses )

• Like 6

better go and brush me teeth then ..............and put some old spice on ................better trim a few unwanted hairs also

shirt or t-shirt ?

shiny shoes of course ........no sod it ........canvas slip ons ........the ladies love that ..and since ive had my in growing toe nail removed ........I can afford to spread me toes abit

very continental

ok I am ready

flertingfin

• Like 3

Once again.. welcome to everyone on here.. (Personally I enjoy both forums (I do)).. is it the time to move on now and talk about all the positive parts of the broads .. everyone I've ever met in Norfolk is truly lovely and friendly which is why we all choose to spend so much time up there (and you lucky ones who live up there!)... I'm not trying to moderate or anything, I can see it's clearly a very unfortunate issue but lets be positive now :)

I couldn't have put it better if I'd tried, Alan.  :clap

Can we now put this to bed, please, peeps?  

• Like 5