Spring is on the way

fishtone

That is good news, although it doesn't feel like spring here, it's ruddy freezing Lol, we live opposite a park with two small lakes and they are frozen solid, spring can't come soon enough

One of the lovliest things about spring for me is the bluebells, to walk through  woods that are carpeted with them is stunning.

Grace

• Like 2

Not sure if the snowdrops are there, I had to remove 4 inches off of the roof of the car on Wednesday morning, needless to say Sheffield was virtually at a standstill even though the gritters had been out .

It was a heavy frost last night so it looks as if the early spring will be missing us for a while.

Regards

Alan

I have wagtails rebuilding their nest, daffodil bulbs coming up, I've started work on tidying up the debris that is washed ashore every winter, started work on our boats and have nearly finished rebuilding our shed by the mooring. B cold but, hey ho, spring is around the corner and the sky is blue.

Peter! your only trying to make the rest of them Jealous, you know we have our own micro climate here in Oulton/Lowestoft, I actually saw a snowflake last week, apart from a few windy days I think the weather has been fine here so far, I don't think it's even been that cold here this year and I've actually been been working on my boat all through this winter and had a few nice days out,  Nice and sunny here today, I've even been out shopping without a coat, off to do a bit more work on the boat tomorrow as it's going sunny again, but I won't rub it in, just saying,, :party:

Frank,,,,

My dyke was iced over this morning, apart from that slight inconvenience a masterful day. Just topped up my bonfire with reeds and leaves, come up to the house for a cuppa and a browse and will be back by the water shortly. Despite the micro climate the wind is still a tad sharp!

MM,

Would I do a thing like that. :naughty:  :taunt:   Well, in comparison, it was very cool here over the week and the early morning temp actually got down to 2 degC on Wednesday, with high teens during the day. However, looks like it may be warming up again, as next week, we'll be in the mid to high twenties again. Still, I'd rather be wearing a big coat and scarf on the broads and Richos took my balance payment this morning, SO NOT LONG TO GO NOW !!!

• Like 1

Absolutely tropical here today in London .. did get as low as -6 last night...not a polar bear in sight.

Eric we will out from the 16th on our own boat and then on the 20th on Glistening Horizon from Acle for 4 days and then back on our own boat again for 2 days so may well bump into you not literary I hope but you know how crowded them Northern rivers get in March lol

blimmey heady 6 degrees yesterday .....................and snow snow warnings across the north .....................

keep burning the ole fires i say .............................

no cold fingers on sat it was bliss ................

Did anyone actually find out what a "clout" was or even if the May was referring to the month or the blossom?

The word clout should read "Cloot" MM meaning semmit...vest. thermals! :naughty: I hope that clears up the slight problem. I unnerstood whit he meant! :naughty:

cheers Iain.

Like you Alan, it looks like we are going to be getting it large on Wednesday for a few days.  I hope it doesn't last too long I've just booked a train to Leicester on Tuesday week.

"I have been sunburnt once at the OT cricket ground!"  That wouldn't have been 1976 by any chance Iain?

Today here started cold bright and sunny but deteriorated after lunch with showers and still cold.  Nothing is sticking its head out anywhere at the moment including me. :)

"I have been sunburnt once at the OT cricket ground!"  That wouldn't have been 1976 by any chance Iain?

Hi Keith,

I think it was 1989, Robin Smith got a ton and Terry Alderman took England to the cleaners. I was up on the 2nd tier of the Members Stand and thought it wasn't that bright, wrong!! I was like a plum tomato by the time I got back to my Brother in Laws at Wilmslow. :oops:

cheers Iain.