What the fuss is all about!

BroadScot

Dear All,

Over the past week I have been mentioning Haggis etc, this weekend is our National Bard, Robert Burns, Birthday, on the 25th of January.

You may wonder what all the fuss is about. Well, there will be Burns Suppers held throughout the world to celebrate his works. Here in Ayrshire where he was born, these Suppers are held for well over a month to get all the special clubs fitted in with certain speekers who do the rendering of Tam O' Shanter and Holly Wullies Prayer.

This is the link, http://www.robertburns.org/  which I may have put on the site before, for those, if any, may wish to browse it.

cheers Iain

• Like 1

Hi Marina,

I will give the beastie my full attention tomorrow evening, it really is only part of four/five courses lol

Starter........Scotch Broth,

Then...........Haggis, Neeps and Tatties.

Main Course....Steak Pie wi Carrots, Peas, and Carrots with Boiled or Chipped tatties,

Sweet x two....Selection of Cheese and Bannocks and a guid Sherry Trifle.

Awe washed down with a Malt whisky or five!

I will just have a larger portion of the Beastie and Turnip and Mashed Tattie lol

Glad you enjoyed yours! :)

cheers Iain.

• Like 2

Hi All,

Many thanks for you kind thoughts, with regard to the Haggis being piped in, that happens at a Burns Supper Night. I am having mine at home, and yes MM I am going to have a wee dram, just the one though. Grace, no kilt for me, but thanks for your lovely thoughts. Do try read that site I sent you all. I will be going out to Alloway, to the Burns Centre soon, being a National Trust Member, its always worth a look see to see what is on display.

cheers Iain.

Just yet another fleeting visit, to say have a great day you Scotties! Iain Don't worry about drinking, I've got some Glenfiddich in and I'll do enough for both of us, I'm thoughtful like that! :P

Unfortunately I won't be having haggis as someone doesn't like it, she's no fun! :rolleyes:

:)

• Like 1

Well the Haggis was delicious, and oh did I enjoy MY royalty status (re other thread) as I too had a Grouse, mine though was the liquid Mathew Cloag type, and oh boy did I enjoy it! Did I mention enjoy? :naughty:  I am sure many bottles of that Grouse were consumed last night! Hic! :party:

cheers Iain.

• Like 5

Hi Marina,

I will give the beastie my full attention tomorrow evening, it really is only part of four/five courses lol

Starter........Scotch Broth,

Then...........Haggis, Neeps and Tatties.

Main Course....Steak Pie wi Carrots, Peas, and Carrots with Boiled or Chipped tatties,

Sweet x two....Selection of Cheese and Bannocks and a guid Sherry Trifle.

Awe washed down with a Malt whisky or five!

I will just have a larger portion of the Beastie and Turnip and Mashed Tattie lol

Glad you enjoyed yours! :)

cheers Iain.

Geez Iain did you really eat all of that? that's one meal!! 

• Like 1

I didn't get my haggis on Burns Night this year, but instead found that our local pub was serving it last Friday lunchtime and had some there.  It came as a main course accompanied by swede and potato mash and gravy.   Not quite the traditional method of serving that you would get in Scotland, but a tasty and satisfying meal and a snip at £3.95.  Washed down by a couple of pints of Whitstable Bay Pale Ale and followed by an afternoon nap, it was a damned near perfect lunch.

cheers

Steve

• Like 1