The best thing I saw today....

Dan

Whatho Everyone

I just posted this on Facebook and it then got me thinking that it might be interesting to share here....

For me it was a quote that encapsulated something I like & believe far better than I could put it.....

"Everything is Created Twice, First in the Mind, then in the World"

What is the best thing you saw today?

Dan

• Like 2

Having left the house this morning at 0900, the best thing I saw was the house at 1800 when I got home having spent the day completing a large kitchen floor tiling job complete with insulation boards / undefloor heating and porcelain tiles.  On a Sunday too, still it was for a friend that helped out with 'B.A' restoration so it just had to be done

Griff

• Like 1

Of all the things it could have been it turned out to be Mickey the Muscovy duck we adopted at Broadsedge, as mentioned in a previous post we fed her and she would follow us around, if we called her she would come running to us, she disappeared just before Christmas and I thought the worst, every time we go to the boat which is at least twice a week, Judi always mentions her duck Mickey because she misses her, yesterday on our way home we stopped at Stalham Staith Bins and as I looked over I thought I saw her sitting on the grass with all the other ducks over at Moonfleet, I called out Mickey, suddenly it's head went up she looked then came shooting over, she was alive and well and living at Moonfleet, it's hard to say if the best thing was finding her and knowing she was safe, or the look on Judi's face when Mickey jumped out of the water and went up to her, looked up at her and did her little I want food Warble, luckily we had some bread in the car, it all went to Mickey and Co, leaving me with no Bread for my toast, nice when you mention the bread to the wife and she say's Mickey is more important than you,,

Frank,,,,,

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Here's the best I saw today:

"Remember the five simple rules to be happy: 1. Free your heart from hatred, 2. Free your mind from worries 3. Live simply 4. Give more 5. Expect less"

Dan

• Like 5

Well yesterday actually, it was my son's little face when his dad and me ate the scones he had baked at school, they were more like rock cakes and the most awful things you have ever tasted but told him they were the best thing we had ever eaten lol

Dan's last post is absolutely lovely and spot on in my opinion except for the last bit 'Expect less' hope he's not referring to my wine on a Saturday night  :naughty:

Grace

• Like 4

My wife's smiling face, with a ribbon in her hair and a warm meal on the table when I got home. A tidy house and a welcome glass of wine ready for me as well - Oops sorry, thought this was a "what was the best dream you have had" post! :angel:  :angel:

It certainly isn't the weather today!

Anyway - reading the holiday itinerary for our trip to the Champagne region in France in a few weeks time. Bonjour Monseur full glass of vino (failed French)! cheers  Obviously if I said this very slowly and loudly any French person would understand it anyway. :hardhat:

• Like 3

Best thing(s) I have seen today:

Waking up and seeing the sunshine streaming through the windows (I don't close my curtains)

Shambling downstairs, opening my front door and seeing my boat, nearly ready to go in my front garden.

• Like 3