Temporary parking down south

steve&jax

Hi to all,

We are taking Missouri Star across the great divide and are heading "south" next weekend. Whilst there we are hoping to have visitors for two or three days who will arrive by car, and there lies the problem!. Where would the best place to arrange to meet them and where to leave their car. Any suggestions gratefully received. We can then plan a route to show them some of the sights of the southern broads taking in either the Beccles area or Norwich but probably not both due to the time allowed. Thanks in anticipation.

Steve 

Evening - railway station at Brundall might be a good bet and pick up passengers from Broom Boats. Other options are pub car parks (with permission) Somerleyton, Waveney River Centre, Bramerton might be options. Enjoy and hope the weather is good for you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Waveney River Centre without doubt, Steve.

The upper Bure to Beccles is a lovely run of about one and a quarter hours and there's little worry about leaving a car there if you moor there overnight.  :wave

(There's also Geldeston Locks Inn if you can get under the bridge and back OK)

You could always get them to park up at Gt Yarmouth, and meet  them at the Yacht station.

If you have  2 - 3 days with them, cruise the Yare and drop them at Brundall  (Brooms right next to the station) or even Norwich Yacht station (Opp Norwich station)  and its then a 30 min train ride back to GTY.

I'd say WRC they wouldn't notice and it's a nice location for a 2 or 3 days cruise

Are you having a laugh? Not much escapes notice at WRC.

WRC charges guests £5 per day for additional cars, if they allowed parking only I would expect that they would make the same charge.

I have asked about doing just this at the Locks Inn before to be told no, sadly. Personally I would have a word with Hipperson's or Gale's, they both have a good amount of space. The Ferry House at Surlingham may give permission if you frequent the establishment at some point during your stay. I would not endorse the Gret Yarmouth idea. I am always concerned about finding my car where I lft it in GY when I nip in to the Troll Cart for a bite of lunch, let alone three days later.

• Like 2

Jax, I have space in my garden at Oulton Broad where you can park. I'm about a mile from the yacht station but can ferry you back and forwards. Afraid my mooring is not best suited to an additional boat but if you can meet your friends at the yacht station then I can provide off road parking, no probs. As a place the WRC is a great location but as has been said the good folk there don't miss much but hey, they are not a charity. 

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks to you all, in the end they parked at the yacht station and were able to pay by phone each day. This was just as well as in the end they enjoyed it so much they stayed with us until we returned to the Northern Broads.

Many thanks to you all, especially Jenny Morgan for his very kind offer which shows how friendly this site can be.

Happy boating to all, lets make sure the site always stays this thoughtful to all its members and guests.

Steve

• Like 3