Speed cameras

clive

Not quite the broads but on the way down if your like me and travel to The broads on the A17 beware as I have just seen it on face book that the A17 now has speed cameras all the way from the A1 to Kings Lynn they apparently appeared over night I will be travelling it next month and will take note where they are and report back unless some one else does it. Clive.

I don't mean to poke fun or anything but I do find it amusing when people say "OMG there's speed cameras", if you don't speed then you haven't got a problem, as well as sticking to limits, I am probably most male drivers worst nightmare, always stop to let mums with prams, little old ladies etc, to cross the road, if anyone is sitting far too close to my rear I will deliberately drive slowly to wind them up and to top it all I check my make up in the rear view mirror at traffic lights only to be tooted at because they've gone green lol :naughty: Seriously though, apart from not wanting to be flashed (I mean the cameras :rolleyes:) and get a hefty fine, speed does kill, stick to it, I reckon

Grace

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Gracie said:

I am probably most male drivers worst nightmare, always stop to let mums with prams, little old ladies etc, to cross the road, if anyone is sitting far too close to my rear I will deliberately drive slowly to wind them up and to top it all I check my make up in the rear view mirror at traffic lights only to be tooted at because they've gone green lol :naughty: Seriously though, apart from not wanting to be flashed (I mean the cameras :rolleyes:) and get a hefty fine, speed does kill, stick to it, I reckon

Grace

She's drives exactly the same in a boat. Always zig zags across the rivers stopping to let the sailys cross, and as for not wanting to be flashed.... :naughty:

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Gracie said:

Seriously though, apart from not wanting to be flashed (I mean the cameras :rolleyes:) and get a hefty fine, speed does kill, stick to it, I reckon

Grace

Have to disagree with you there Darlin, SPEED DONT KILL but some idiots that speed in the wrong places/times quite probably do!

Charlie xx xx:kiss:hardhat:

• Like 4

I don't speed as a rule, but the totally anti car attitude of the various councils in Norfolk is galling.

Living here, it takes me far longer now to get anywhere than it ever did with the increasing number of reduced speed limits, often without there seeming to be much justification. One house, unlit country road - lets drop the whole road to 30 .....

As a working dad, I took employment based on communting times - that has been erroded to the point I now have to stop work early, travel home, and finish off working from home, rather than finish in the office and still be home for the kids. My current contract  states a distance - my previous ( Military ) one a commuting time to live from work.

Norfolk roads used to be Darwin based - they were tight, twisting roads with a 60 limit. You drove too fast and natural selection took over.  So they spent a fortune straightening them, so people could drive at 60, only to then think - gosh that's fast and drop them to 50, 40 , 30 .....

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Bound2Please said:

Have to disagree with you there Darlin, SPEED DONT KILL but some idiots that speed in the wrong places/times quite probably do!

I'm with you on this one Charlie. You drive "as fast as the area will allow - by using common sense". I recently drove from Riyadh to Dubai and a good part of the road is 3 lane through absolutely nothing but desert. My cruise was set at 160kph and there were people passing me at a fair rate. Saying that, when you drop to a 2 lane road, or in a town, or near a school, the Saudis are very strict with the speed limits.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, riyadhcrew said:

I'm with you on this one Charlie. You drive "as fast as the area will allow - by using common sense". I recently drove from Riyadh to Dubai and a good part of the road is 3 lane through absolutely nothing but desert. My cruise was set at 160kph and there were people passing me at a fair rate. Saying that, when you drop to a 2 lane road, or in a town, or near a school, the Saudis are very strict with the speed limits.

And there you have it - common sense. How much of it is deployed these days, especially on our roads ? And don't even start me on the Sunday 'born again bikers'.

• Like 2

I thought the speed limit out there was 120KPH, the Saudi police are only strict with speed limits if they haven't been paid, then they wake up from parking their cars in the shade in the motorway underpasses..

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Poppy said:

Do they eat doughnuts there too? :naughty:

As it happens...http://www.arabnews.com/news/728961

They often have American patrol cars, and can chose from Dunkin Donuts, MacDonalds,, Burger King, Subway, Wendy's, Kudu, and in Riyadh even I believe a Harry Ramsdens.

though I quite liked the local Tamis and dip (the "special"round flat bread that is...)

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, riyadhcrew said:

Hi Q,

From the turn off to Qatar until the border of the UAE - there is nothing. Watched on the way there and new it was clear on the way back. I did however get caught at 140 coming out of Damamn on the way back from Bahrain. 300 Riyals - thankyou.

and I bet you paid "on the spot" not waiting months / years to get to court!!

3 hours ago, Poppy said:

Don't speed, no problem! Simples . ( I use my 'cruise control, most card have it now. Surprising how many folks refuse to....)

Not many people use them because contrary to what a lot of people believe, "cruise control" systems actually INCREASE fuel consumption.  I found this out when i drove from here (East Dorset) to Brundall to pick up Lightning. I set the cruise control as soon as we got on to the non stop A31 dualcarraigeway, and only switched it off for services etc, BUT did`nt use it on the return journey. The journey up, saw an average 43 mpg, whereas the return journey WITHOUT it, saw 51 mpg. I`ve not used it since.

Hi Q,

The message was on my phone within an hour and it was paid at the ATM the next day. Nowadays, you can't get a new visa, or get an exit visa, if you have any outstanding fines.

Switched on I would say.

Yep that hasn't changed, only they used to ask for cash!! or you wouldn't be going home for a long time,, I wonder why they were more interested if they hadn't been paid....

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bound2Please said:

So you agree with speeding in the right place? Where pray is the right place? Speed limits aren't there for the hell of it.

Speed does kill FACT, in any accident, the higher the speed the more likelihood of a fatality, FACT.