Any Pictures Of White Stuff On The Broads?

Snowy

Well it snowed for about 5 hours here and has stopped now. Looks like it is starting to thaw a bit but we've probably had about three inches so I don't think there is enough daylight hours left for it to clear too much but who knows. Lots of local roads including the main roads and the A12 are at a standstill. Too many people going out who really didn't need to probably. Best place is indoors in the warm.

Could be treacherous out there in the morning. The roads started to get a bit slushy and some of the snow melted off the bushes and trees but really it's white out there ... it depends which forecast you read as to whether it will rain or snow this evening. All I kept hearing about was the north, the west, the Midlands ... but not really that we would get as much as this in Essex. 

16 minutes ago, Gracie said:

No snow in East Sussex just torrential rain and blowing a gale

Stay safe tonight Jay :default_arms:

Grace

Thanks Grace, no worries, I'm driving. What could possibly go wrong :default_smiley-angelic002:

As I said in the second post on this thread, there wouldn't be much around the broads area was correct. Over many years when it comes from the southwest/west, it rarely comes down as snow. I remember a young Jim Bacon who was with the BBC weather centre in Norwich when they closed and he went on to set up Weatherquest at the UEA, saying that he had been here nearly two years before he realised that the weather in Norfolk didn't follow the national trend.

I’ve been down to South Wales for the weekend (my daughter was in an ice skating competition in Cardiff).
Knowing I’d be coming home this afternoon back to near Grantham and the forecast I elected to take the Land Rover.
I have to say I was very disappointed. Mildly entertaining from Gloucester to Leicester but otherwise a dull tarmac driven journey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha 1