Spring, What Spring!

coolcat

3 minutes ago, Labrador said:

Meteorologicaly it starts tomorrow.

I was waiting for someone to pick up on that :default_laugh:

The older Astronomical Spring starts around the 21st March. The much newer Meteorological Spring starts on the 1st March.

The Astronomical Spring starts with the Spring equinox which can vary by a little each year. This made it very hard for Meteorologists to compare seasons from one year to the next for record keeping etc. So they invented their own spring which starts at the same point each year on the 1st March.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bound2Please said:

Well London Road and St Johns was moving... The Sea Front was at standstill by east cliffs

I saw that.......avoided it thankfully. Sladburys lane really bad apparently and was cut off.  

10 hours ago, ranworthbreeze said:

We are hoping to set off for Norfolk tomorrow!

Time and snow will tell.

Regards

Alan

We have had to cancel our trip to Corton sadly due to this weather. Hope to rebook at a later date.We were going to have the boats BSS done.Marina spoke with Tim he had put all BSS on hold for a week.It seems it hard getting up and down the  hill at Brundall. Will be glad when it warms up a bit.

• Sad 1

Walked in and out of work yesterday, about 30 minutes each way. So cold when I got home that I couldn't get warm. Today I took the car as the roads were a bit clearer ... until the snow came down again mid-morning. Apparently all the buses stopped running again at that point.

Anyway ... got home and found that our boiler has broken down and we can't get anyone out until next Wednesday. Fortunately we have a gas fire in the lounge and an immersion for the water so we'll be ok ... but I will feel much better once it warms up a bit. 

It could be worse ... my son is living in Edinburgh at the moment!!

• Sad 2