Best (easiest moorings)

nollock

We do moor at the yacht station at Beccles but don't at Norwich, its too noisy, we usually turn around and moor at Commissioners Cut, that way you can go over the railway bridge up he lane up to the main road, turn left and there is bus stop within 25 meters, this feel is a better alternative for getting into Norwich. 

If you  just want a mooring then Brammerton Green takes some beating.

Regards

Alan

• Like 1

We don't recommend our couples and families to moor overnight at Norwich YS because it's too noisy. 

Commissioner's Cut is a fine alternative as has already been said. 

Beccles YS (again already said) is a superb choice. 

Edited by FreedomBoatingHols

It's funny, because I am trying to work out for moorings on Friday 30th Oct for the night, as we have a friend arriving at Norwich Railway Station from London arriving around 9am. We would love to meet them by boat at Norwich and I know we will have low tide Saturday morning. I am tempted to moor at Norwich Y/S over night on the Friday :hardhat:.

I will let you know :naughty:.

Regards

Marina :Stinky

Morning all,

Have done Norwich on quite a few occasions, always weeknights, never had a problem. Yes it is noisy, say compared to Brammerton, but then you're in a city centre. Wonderful city, loads to do and see, clean, lovely folk. Go for it, but keep to weeknights. Have a great time wherever you get to.

Regards

Jon & Jo

• Like 1

Morning - yacht station moorings in Norwich are good.. Prince of Wales road finishes at Foundry Bridge right next to the Yacht station - that road and the riverside complex before Foundry Bridge is the clubbing area in Norwich & there are a lot of bars and clubs plus it's v popular. If you are there Thurs to Sunday and that's you bag then moor the Foundry Bridge end. If it's not go down the other end past Pullls Ferry & as close to Bishops Bridge as you can get. There are two other pubs own there but it's quieter if that's your bag & not as close to the road. Also means you can walk into Norwich via the cathedral which is much more picturesque than Prince of Wales road. Bit further to the station. Other options are imoor at Thorpe Green if you can get under the bridges, Commissionaires Cut or Whitlingham Broad 24 hour moorings and Pootle into Norwich the following day. Enjoy and have a great trip.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We moored towards the Bishopsgate end within the security confines gate which does add a little more security than in the past. Never had a problem there, as said, you are in a city, with the wonderful views of the cathedral to look at from different angles along the quayside.

Just go and enjoy Norwich, its as they say, a Fine City! With much to explore. Not just the pubs!:naughty:

cheersIain.

• Like 2

At Beccles I like the Yacht Station but I can also recommend the moorings at the swimming pool (through the bridge, a few hundred yards further up on the left). The walk to town is shorter than from the Yacht Station I think. Theoretically there's a charge but you have to text a number to pay it, so how that's enforced I have no idea.

Just a thought. When the Whitlingham Broad / Whitlingham Gravel pit was excavated was there any consideration given to access to the river. Would that stretch of water not have provided a peaceful mooring for craft large and small, with easy access to Norwich by taxi or even water taxi. As a bonus I would then, perhaps, feel more comfortable in referring to it as a broad.