Strictly

SueH

I actually really like Craig. I think he's the fairest and most consistent of the judges - the others all tend to overmark people and give contestants the same score when they were clearly not of the same standard. Anyway ... it seems that on these tv programmes you have to have the one judge that everyone wants to get a good mark from. In X Factor that's always been Simon Cowell, in Strictly it's Craig.

It will certainly be interesting to see what happens.

• Like 1

I was rather hoping they`d scrap that bloody programme, and at least try to make saturday evening tv watchable again?.  Oh how wrong i was, so next Autumn, i`l be getting some lights for my mountain bike, and  get back into cycling again. At least it`s less strain on my arthritic right ankle.

• Like 2

All it is .....is cheap reality tv so that even more TV license payers money can be used to swell the pension pots of the fat cat TV executives. At the cost of real entertainment....................... Dont get me started on i'm a celepratory get me outa here or the Simon Cowell special for nearly 3 months, at least the latter two arnt funded by license payers money.

Charlie rant over

• Like 3

Oh I am so with Ian on this, I know we are all entitled to our opinion and our tastes differ thank goodness what a boring world we would live in if we all felt the same about everything. I would be mortified if I was to sit through a programme about cars or motor racing, I mean where's the fun in a bunch of people whizzing round a race track for the promise of a couple of million quid and a bottle of champagne (ok, perhaps I do get it lol) my point is I wouldn't even turn it on

Like Ian says, if you don't like it don't watch it and if there's really nothing else worth watching on a Saturday night, there's always a chance to take your ladies out for a nice meal or down the pub for a game of darts :naughty:

Very unlike Charlie and me to disagree but I expect he'll see that I'm right, women generally are :naughty:

Grace :kiss

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Gracie said:

Oh I am so with Ian on this, I know we are all entitled to our opinion and our tastes differ thank goodness what a boring world we would live in if we all felt the same about everything. I would be mortified if I was to sit through a programme about cars or motor racing, I mean where's the fun in a bunch of people whizzing round a race track for the promise of a couple of million quid and a bottle of champagne (ok, perhaps I do get it lol) my point is I wouldn't even turn it on

Like Ian says, if you don't like it don't watch it and if there's really nothing else worth watching on a Saturday night, there's always a chance to take your ladies out for a nice meal or down the pub for a game of darts :naughty:

Very unlike Charlie and me to disagree but I expect he'll see that I'm right, women generally are :naughty:

Grace :kiss

Only ever watched it once darlin, the Wench used to watch until about the start of last years ....

Oh I can find plenty to do in fact if I watch more than about 7 hours telly a week in total its been a bad week.... If was really bored with the beach 200yds away id go chuck a few leads in anger with some worms on the end....

Trouble is I chucked me 1900's tv licenses away thinking Id never need them again.... but sadly i was wrong.......

Any ways darlin cant agree every second of the day can we ... :kiss

Charlie

• Like 2

I watched strictly once in the hopes it was the original Come Dancing which was prime viewing for me as a kid. You see as an eleven year old 'organist' where else was I to learn the correct steps and rhythm to fiddle with my knobs and stops to play my organ for an admiring public? I would practise my organ furiously in the living room until Mum & Dad suggested I take my organ into my bedroom. Of course as I got into my teens my organ got bigger and around the same time I was giving organ lessons to a couple of girls so Mum decided for safety's sake I should teach the young ladies organ technique in the living room again. 

Alas Strictly is nothing to do with come dancing so I don't watch it. Instead I concentrate on getting as many double entendre into my posts on the forum as I can! :naughty:

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Timbo said:

I watched strictly once in the hopes it was the original Come Dancing which was prime viewing for me as a kid. You see as an eleven year old 'organist' where else was I to learn the correct steps and rhythm to fiddle with my knobs and stops to play my organ for an admiring public? I would practise my organ furiously in the living room until Mum & Dad suggested I take my organ into my bedroom. Of course as I got into my teens my organ got bigger and around the same time I was giving organ lessons to a couple of girls so Mum decided for safety's sake I should teach the young ladies organ technique in the living room again. 

Alas Strictly is nothing to do with come dancing so I don't watch it. Instead I concentrate on getting as many double entendre into my posts on the forum as I can! :naughty:

You seem to be managing to achieve that very nicely Timbo. Just thought I'd mention that while playing my organ last year there was a dreadful smell of burning and smoke poured out of the back. My husband said I must have hit a bum note! as if!

Carole

• Like 2

Just now, Gracie said:

Perhaps you should take up dancing  :party2::naughty:

Grace

My wife Karen has won medals in the past for teaching ballroom dancing, And i love the film "Shall we dance" with Richard Gere, and Jenifer Lopez, but teaching me to dance?............................. You`ve got more chance of getting the BA to raise the airdraught of Potter Heogham bridge, while dredging out the shallow parts of every river, and cutting everybodies toll by 50%..........  

I think i`ve made that clear enough?.

13 hours ago, Timbo said:

You see as an eleven year old 'organist' where else was I to learn the correct steps and rhythm to fiddle with my knobs and stops to play my organ for an admiring public? I would practise my organ furiously in the living room until Mum & Dad suggested I take my organ into my bedroom. Of course as I got into my teens my organ got bigger and around the same time I was giving organ lessons to a couple of girls so Mum decided for safety's sake I should teach the young ladies organ technique in the living room again. 

Having had a mis-spent youth in naval college, this reminds me of the alternative words to the hymn "Take my life and let it be", sung to the tune "St Bees" :

"Ring the bell verger, ring the bell ring. Perhaps the congregation will condescend to sing -

Perhaps the (merry) organist, sitting on his stool; will play upon his organ and not. . . . ."

• Like 3