They've Started Arriving!

johnb

On 2/18/2017 at 6:53 PM, w-album said:

Mine arrived this morning. Little dinghy now £32.85. However in the continuing loft clearance found these toll discs from 1973/1976/1977 show it went from £3 to £6 in 3 years. That is inflation and from the GYP&HC not BA. Should add now just rowing not sailing

IMG_20170218_183522875.jpg

http://inflation.stephenmorley.org/

You can all work it out!

• Like 1

I just had a look back to 2007 when we purchased 'B.A's first river toll.

£275:71  (We got our leg lifted then too as we put her in the oggin in Sept 07 and had to pay a full year to Mar 31 2008)

Ten years on to 2017 and the Blessed Authority are still blatantly lifting our legs and now demanding £514:00

That's an increase of £238:29 or 86:43% in just ten years.  On that projection in another ten years they will be demanding £958:25

With regards to 'B.A' We have already passed the point where the river toll now exceeds our annual insurance premium.  Where the average motorist is concerned, can you imagine the outcry if the annual road tax price exceeded the price of their insurance policy?

Griff

• Like 5

To be honest JM, the more I think about it, I had a life long respect for the Broads Authority I just feel that as each sorry episode unfolds the Authority is being brought into disrepute.

I kinda feel that way too with the possible exception of the Authority is being brought into disrepute.  I would state that they are the ones that are bringing themselves into disrepute all on there own.  It seems to me that is their own doing, well that's not really fair thinking about it, instead of the word 'Their' I should be using 'One Mans Doing'  I find it gets harder and harder to have respect for the leadership of the Ba.  The rest of the team at Tampax Towers are being tarnished with the same brush.  Some of this is their own doing for being lilly livered 'Yes' 'Men'

Griff

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Timbo said:

To be honest JM, the more I think about it, I had a life long respect for the Broads Authority I just feel that as each sorry episode unfolds the Authority is being brought into disrepute.

When I had a chance to be a member of the Broads Authority Navigation Committee I was just so proud. At the end of my four year stint I was only too pleased to be shot of it, I could not, would not work with that man. I have a moral code, as do most Broads folk, we were taken advantage of, used, & I despise him for that. For those of you who think that he has brought the Authority into disrepute, well, who am I to argue?

• Like 6

Main boat up 60 pounds,  small broom down 27 pounds.  

The inflatable has been moved off the Broads to the Medway,  no charge from the EA so thats another 107 pounds saving. 

I do wonder why BA charge for a small tender

The same size boat on the Medway would be 120 pounds a year cheaper plus no charge for a tender .

24 minutes ago, psychicsurveyor said:

Main boat up 60 pounds,  small broom down 27 pounds.  

The inflatable has been moved off the Broads to the Medway,  no charge from the EA so thats another 107 pounds saving. 

I do wonder why BA charge for a small tender

The same size boat on the Medway would be 120 pounds a year cheaper plus no charge for a tender .

Because they can. Got to ensure the CEO's pension fund is topped up.

• Like 1

Hate mail arrived here too...

Total bill here not funny however for 2017 we will be taxing/tolling

2 dinghys (saving £16 on the two)

1 cruiser (up £44.00)

1 yacht (up £31.00)

but... we are not launching 1 cruiser in 2017 in protest (toll value £346) so BA will be gaining £75 and losing £378!

I shall, of course, pay by cheque with a covering letter stating that we are not launching as a protest for the year. If I get anything useful in response I will let you know.

• Like 1

Just now, JanetAnne said:

but... we are not launching 1 cruiser in 2017 in protest (toll value £346) so BA will be gaining £75 and losing £378!

I shall, of course, pay by cheque with a covering letter stating that we are not launching as a protest for the year. If I get anything useful in response I will let you know.

What No Janet Anne at Beccles this year.???

Doug.