Hello Eveyone

Malanka

Hello to everyone on the NBN Fiona and I took a long break from posting on Fora about our travails with our lovely old lady. Some may remember the Malanka Tales from another place. 

For those folks who don't know us we are Fiona, Martin and Boris the Airedale ( and offspring when they can drag themselves away with mum and dad )

The old Lady is Malanka a 1953 Broom Commander that we have been custodians of since 2010. We live in Switzerland at the moment having lived in Germany and Belgium for differing lengths of time since 2003. Please feel free to come say hello and enjoy some Malankan hospitality.

To those who already know us ( yes you know who you are) thank you for giving us the push we required to rejoin the community at large and to those who don't yet know us we don't bite (Boris too) so come say hi.

M&F

• Like 7

Hi Martin, it's good to hear from you again - I was only thinking of you at breakfast time on Thursday!

Our news back to you is that we sold Grebe last summer and no longer have a boating interest on the broads.  However, we still keep an eye on things.

Mal

Most excellent to see you! Looking forward to reading some of those great write ups of Malanka.

Might I add...the quality of the BBQ on Malanka is verging on the exquisite. Not sure if it's Martin's grilling or Fiona's prep though! :naughty:

• Like 1

Well wow we are both overwhelmed thank you for such a marvellous welcome ( back). Thank you for the compliment Tim we do try.

Malanka Tales will be restored as soon as we get to float. 

The journey from from home to boat is now just over 1200 km so not quite as easy. We use the stena ferry to ensure we get an early start, but the drive to the Hook of Holland is 9 hrs. I'm used to it now I just break it up into three hour blocks and just drive. We enjoy a nice meal on the ship and get off at seven ish in Harwich so we avoid weekend holiday traffic too.

• Like 4

Finally - And about time too - Better late than never - What time do you call this? - Just where have you been? - Oh, you're here then - You rang? - And?  :clap

Great stuff Malanka and her crew are with us. Happy days  :party:

Of course this means another fine example (er - understatement) of a biodegradable amongst our ranks to keep those tupperwares in their place  :gracie: 

Griff

• Like 2

Fiona and I will be out at the same time as you for the show and the week after. We're just figuring out the logistics of getting to the shed for the Thursday night. The journey to stalham via the Chunnel is about 14 hours. It's also a long drive ( we will have a new car then too) the journey to hook of holland is 9 plus a sleep and 90 mins from Harwich. 

I have major check check up at the docs weds afternoon too. So we'll probably do the Chunnel and beat off the migrants with a big stick and hope for the best. It also would enable us to miss all the Basel and Zurich commuter traffic which is horrendous. We will of course put it all into the tale. 

M

• Like 1