Depressed Now...

Jocave

This morning was the last day of our holiday , handed our boat back to Ferry marina and spent six hours stuck in the car driving back home, its all back to the usual routine of work and all the other boring stuff now, had a great break with fantastic weather and now back home its chucking it down with rain and sat looking at a huge pile of washing , I wish it could have lasted longer it always goes so quick .......

• Like 11

10 hours ago, SwanR said:

You do know that's the time to keep your credit card locked away ... because you will spend all weekend planning the next trip! :dance

So True Jean

We always seem to book up on the day after we return home 

• Like 1

Funny old life. I used to be just the same about holidays. Started planning passages on our sea going boat or routes across the continent by car as soon as soon as I got home. They were always over in what seemed like "the blink of an eye" .

For the last eleven years I have not worked I can do and go anything, anywhere. But it does not have the magic of those family holidays , even less so now that I am alone.

• Like 1

Yesterday, we had an ice cream at Whelptons and met Tony Pizzalover on his way out with Bootlegger, it was a close run thing, as I actually got as far as phoning Warp to see if he was up for a yacht hire later in the year! 

Leaving our hire boat is one of the worst feelings. When we finally arrive back at the boat yard, always being the last to arrive (and late) the engineers stand there looking at their watches and shaking their heads lol, have to practically prise my hands from the rails

We spend the rest of the day looking on all the boats for our next hire and don't arrive home until very late that night absolutely shattered but worth every second of it

I feel your pain, I really do

Grace

• Like 6

Hi Grace it makes no difference if you own or hire, we hate to leave any holiday be it at the coast, canal or Broads based.

Getting back into any car after all that time spent relaxing is a pain, far too fast from the earlier 4 to 6 mph, then of course is the swaying motion that you get after being on a boat for a period of time.

Regards

Alan

• Like 4

I'm with Simon on this one. The fact that we've got boats booked for the last week of June and last week of September didn't help that bereft feeling we got at the end of our jaunt early May.

On an even more depressed note (sorry everyone), currently for us each trip comes with the added anxiety of whether we'll have to abandon our next set of plans because of my Mum's health. I'm half looking forward to the June trip and half feeling guilty about looking forward to it, and thinking that we probably won't make it anyway as my Mum is getting weaker by the day. At least she is out of hospital now, but acting on the advice of her Dr we asked our vicar to visit today to anoint Mum.  It was very moving and it seemed to me that it has given her a sense of peace and strength. 

Sorry to go off thread a bit...it's a particularly difficult time just now, so forgive me if I'm even more ramblely than usual.

Helen

• Like 6

The symbolic gesture which confirms my broads holiday is over, is dismantling my fishing rod :facepalm:.

You can't dwell on it though, lots of great memories will have been made which last forever. ( I'm getting all soft with it now :love)

• Like 2

I love it when a holiday ends, can't wait to get back home.  Personally I'd rather not go away on holiday at all, but SWMBO insists, so I have no choice.  But then, I live in Norfolk and have my ⛵️ on the Broads, and am generally on the water 4 or 5 days a week, all year round, so why would I want to be anywhere else? 

• Like 5

On 03/06/2017 at 10:19 AM, Gracie said:

Leaving our hire boat is one of the worst feelings. When we finally arrive back at the boat yard, always being the last to arrive (and late) the engineers stand there looking at their watches and shaking their heads lol, have to practically prise my hands from the rails

We spend the rest of the day looking on all the boats for our next hire and don't arrive home until very late that night absolutely shattered but worth every second of it

I feel your pain, I really do

Grace

you think that's sad, when we used to go with colin sandersons we always used to take the boat out again for a half an hour trip up the river the next morning before we were due to go home, just to say goodbye to the boat lol, & colin did'nt mind bless him it was a ritual of ours lol, lori

• Like 3

Won't be long and we will be back ,I have the last week in July and the first three weeks in August off work so just need to find a suitable boat to book now, me and the wife are frantically googling to find something suitable. 

• Like 3