Independence Fuel Usage Sweepstake

grendel

Ok the prize is revealed, an Oak platter as below can be used as is or as a wall hanging or similar. For a bit of provenance it will be made from a piece of the custody counter from the now demolished North Walsham custody suite.

Going to be embarrassing if I win..........

Custody platter.JPG

custody platter2.JPG

• Like 10
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, MorningSwan said:

As I said n another thread, but Charlie's comment on the first leg consumption (I suspect most broads boaters/owners could survive on it for a year or more) of more than 200 and less than 1000 leaves a LARGE margin for error.

Not put a public number on it myself but have a thirsty seagoing boat and a good idea of what it'll take but what the heck, I privately have a figure in mind but that depend wholly on the weather an tides and how many can judge those,i It's all a throw of the dice for the punters for the prize.? Good luck 

Of course it is, so many variants but it's a bit of fun with a good number entered

come on, what's your secret number??

19 minutes ago, BroadAmbition said:

I have a good idea of how much fuel she will take onboard tomorrow morning after today’s run of around 8 x Hrs at 2400 rpm. Not trying to give any clues away but it’s an impressive amount (for some) :default_norty:

Griff

So could be 1,100L just for today.

Honestly it doesn't even matter if they told you how much each refill is each day , the bets a locked in n no changes can be made or any further bets placed so I really don't see a problem with stating the fill up volumes other than it takes the final revival , my choice would be wait till its over and then state the amount used , as with the lottery you have to be in it to win it n had I realised that so much interest would derived from this I would have started the thread myself since it was my throw away remark that actually stated all of this , incidentally I'm not in it but like another I have a figure in mind ( written down in fact ) and I recon by the time it hits brundall ( not literally hopefully) it would keep a fare few forum members in fuel for a considerable length of time :default_biggrin:

10 minutes ago, Siddy said:

Ricardo, pm me your figure then you can quote it afterwards in case your close. Fair play and all.

OK Yorkshire man to Yorkshire man n all that I'll do that , obviously I'm not in it to begin with but this seams like logical way to do things ( ie no hasty re writing figures down :default_biggrin:) .

38 minutes ago, ZimbiIV said:

I hope this includes a final fill up in Brundall or a whole leg will not be counted!

paul

Good point it needs to do to be fair , brooms will be pleased :15_yum: