Independence Fuel Usage Sweepstake

grendel

1 minute ago, grendel said:

is Brooms tank big enough? still it will mean nice fresh fuel for all the boaters this year :default_biggrin:

I think you would be surprised at the amount some of the boats usings the Brooms fuel station take on board. Let's face it there is not really an alternative option for fuel around Brundall.

Regards

Alan

1 minute ago, ZimbiIV said:

Thinking about it, Robin probably won't want all that fuel laying aboard, so we will have to take a guestimate of the last legs usage.

paul

A guess ? How accurate will that be.  Prizes are at stake here to say nothing of reputations :15_yum:.

Besides its good practice to have the tanks full .

4 minutes ago, BroadAmbition said:

The final fuel up will be at Goodchilds. We planned that way from the word go. So the final count up will be the same for all  

This mornings fill up was the biggest yet but yesterday we was running at 2400rpm. No chance of that at present.

Griff

And to think I factored in the mileage from Yarmouth to brundall in my guess Siddy is holding onto :default_blink:

6 hours ago, TheQ said:

Having looked at the photos of her ploughing through the waves, I think many of us are going to be way too low on our fuel estimates...

Agreed I only had one bottle in hand ( 1664 ) I now wish it was in one in each hand 

finny 

Ok then,

I'll post this up on Robins behalf as he is somewhat busy at present.

Sailed from Plymouth on Friday morning the 02nd Feb with brimmed tanks - 2405 x Ltrs

Friday evening at Ramsgate - Took onboard 839 x Ltrs

Sunday morning at Brighton - Took onboard 947 x Ltrs

Monday afternoon at Brooms - Took onboard 1123 x Ltrs

Grand total =  2909 Litres

That for 2 x main engines at 500hp each and the 50hp generator (Which was not running 24/7, used shore power when alongside)

Griff

Edited by grendel
edited at Griffs request to correct the figures
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 4

33 minutes ago, Hockham Admiral said:

WOW!      :default_drinks:

WOW indeed! I think Griff said somewhere the journey was 320 nautical miles? If so then very roughly 10 litres per mile. Don't suppose a lift out, transport by road and lift back in would have been much cheaper, and a lot less fun for the crew and the rest of us. :default_beerchug:

• Thanks 1

I wish I had stuck with my earlier calculation this morning based on WRs consumption = 8 litres for 30 river miles multiplying it by 4 because Indy is bigger x 325 nautical miles which I thought was about the distance came to 3160 litres!

At least Robin won't have to fill up too much from now on!